Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:15 mins CookTime:10 mins Cuisine:Indian
Sweet Corn & Cashew Rice, a very simple rice recipe, which is absolutely appealing to everyone, from toddlers to adults.
I got to make this just for the sake of my little son who is extremely fond of sweetcorn. My little one, likes to eat sweetcorn in any & every recipe, even in ice-cream, if there’s one such! 🙂 🙂
Generally, he is a very picky eater, and plays tantrums in having a kids meal. But, today when I made this as a Friday meal, he excitedly enjoyed eating without any jerk. And, OMG!, I was so pleased & relieved after such happy scenes!!
Sweet Corn – Cashew Rice, is so delectable that you will definitely go for a second serving! Its very much suitable for kids lunch box, picnics, short travels, parties, gatherings.
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
My other Rice recipes here⇒ Main Course
Starter / Appetiser / Snack recipes here⇒ Starters / Snacks
Curry / Sabzi recipes collection here⇒ Curry / Koora / Stir Fry
Collection of Lunch Boxes for my kids⇒ Lunch Box
Related Posts with CORN:
- Potato & Corn Cutlets / Tikki (Air-Fryer & Pan-Fry Method)
- BroadBeans-BabyCorn Curry/ Chikkudukaya-BabyCorn Koora
- Lettuce wraps with weetCorn-Pomegranate Salad / Kosambari
- Rice – cooked with 1 cup of rice grains
- Sweet Corn – ½ cup (frozen)
- Cashew Nuts – ¼ cup
- Cooking Oil – 3 tablespoons
- Curd / Yogurt – ¼ cup
- Onions – 2 small (chopped)
- Green Chillies – 4 (slit length wise)
- Jeera / Whole Cumin – 1 teaspoon ( heaped)
- Jeera Powder / Cumin Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Fresh Coriander – a handful (chopped)
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Ginger – 1 teaspoon (chopped)
- Garlic – 1 teaspoon (chopped) (optional)
- Jeera / Whole Cumin
- Jeera Powder / Cumin Powder
- Curd / Yogurt
Step wise pics Procedure:
- This recipe can be made with leftover rice or with freshly cooked rice.
- If you are using freshly cooked rice, let it cool off completely (to room temperature) before adding to the pan, this is to avoid stickiness of the rice grains.
- Basmati rice suits best, but any other rice variety works well.
- Adjust the salt and spice as per your taste.
- It stays fresh up to a day at room temp, but is a make ahead rice recipe, can be stored in the refrigerator and be warmed before serving.
- The sweetness of corn, crunchiness of cashew nuts and mild flavour of cumin / jeera, is what this rice recipe tastes of.
- On the whole, this, Sweet Corn – Cashew Rice, is so delectable that you will definitely go for a second serving!
- We had it with tomato ketchup/sauce & Indian crisps, and my kids happily devoured it!!
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category