Recipes Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime: 20 mins CookTime:1 hr Cuisine:South Indian
Simple South Indian Festive Thali, that I prepared during this Sravana Pournami. Which is the 15th day of the month of SHRAAVAN as per Hindu Calendar.
IMPORTANCE OF SHRAAVANA POURNAMI
Though the entire month is considered auspicious, but this particular day is the best of all, because of more than one occasions falling on.
- First and foremost is, the boys of the Hindu Brahmin Community start seeking their vedic studies from a Guru, at his Gurukul.
- Men and Boys who have already got their upanayanam (traditional sacred thread ceremony) done, do replace the thread with a new one.
- Raksha bandhan, the most happening festival, in North India, also falls on this day. Now-a-days this festive spirit spread to the South as well. On this day, sisters tie a sacred thread to each & every brother of their family. Which signifies a promise made, to love, care and support each other.
- And personally, it’s our marriage anniversary on this day. And so it makes us feel even more special for a celebration.
My other Festive Platter(s) or Thali(s) here⇒ Vindhu Bhojanam / Festive Lunch
Daily Lunch Thali(s) / Meal Platter(s)⇒ Bhojanam / Thali / Meal Platter
- No Onion – No Garlic Recipes Collection
- Laddoo Recipes / Indian Energy Balls
- Traditional Indian Recipes for Festivals / Panduga Nayivedyalu
I prepared the above simple platter / bhojanam as an offering to the Gods & Goddesses on the occassion of this festival.
DETAILS of Simple South Indian Festive Thali:
This, Simple South Indian Festive Thali, has : [Please click on each link for its detailed recipe with step wise pics, tips & health benefits.]
- Fresh Coconut Chutney Powder (Oil Free) (According to ayurveda this powder when mixed with steamed hot rice and homemade ghee / butter, serves as a perfect starter. This guides for proper intake and digestion of food.)
- Steamed White Rice
- Mamidikaya Pulihora / Raw Mango Rice
- Fresh Curd / Yogurt (homemade)
DESSERT: (I have used green food colour for this platter)
- Fresh Peach wedges
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category