Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
Prep Time:2 mins CookTime:10-12 mins Cuisine: English
I know, tomato soup is the most common of all the soups which is most preferred. I made tomato soup many a times. So, I wanted to try the same with a twist by adding carrots too, as my three kids love eating carrots. Moreover, makes it more nutritious and filling.
And it was perfect for this rainy and chilling weather these days. My kids and husband had their eyes up with cheer,when they had their first spoonful…:-) Happy me!! Even you can try and please your dear ones!!
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Salad recipes collection⇒ Salads
Appetiser recipes collection⇒ Starters / Snacks
My Soup recipes collection here⇒ Salads & Soups
- Chana-Aloo Chat / Chickpeas-Potato Salad
- Masala Vada / Masala Fritters
- Red Kidney Beans Nuggets / Rajma – Masala Vada / Fritters
- Tomatoes – 4
- Carrots – 4
- Onions – 2
- Ground Pepper Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder / Jeera powder – 2 teaspoons
- Chopped Coriander – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – as required
- Water – 1½ cups
- Cumin Powder / Jeera powder
Step wise pics Procedure for Tomato Carrot Soup:
Firstly, wash the tomatoes & carrots. Peel the carrots & onions. Cut all of them into big chunks.
STOVE TOP METHOD
Take the veggie chunks into a blender / processor / mixie and grind into a puree by adding half a cup of water.
Transfer this puree into a thick bottomed vessel .
Then, add one cup of water, put the vessel on stove top under high flame.
Let it boil until it thickens, might be for around 10 to 12 mins.
At this stage, add the salt, cumin powder and ground pepper powder. Mix everything thoroughly and switch the flame off. Done!!
INSTANT POT / ELECTRIC PRESSURE COOKER METHOD
Transfer all the vegetable chunks into the IP vessel. Add enough water to soak the veggies completely.
Switch the instant pot ON, set it to SOUP mode, high pressure, for 6 mins with valve closed.
Release the pressure manually. Blend everything smoothly, using a hand blender.
Add the pepper powder, salt and cumin / jeera powder. Mix up everything thoroughly.
Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Done!!
- Continuous Stirring is not needed while the veggie puree is getting boiled.
- I did not add any corn flour to this soup for thickening , but you can if you wish to.
- You can garnish the soup with dried herbs, fresh herbs,garlic powder,chilli flakes. etc. I added chilly flakes.
- Serve the soup hot with croutons or bread or chips or papad too.
- Yes, you can reheat the soup unlike the store bought soup in a cup sachets.That’s a good news right!!
- It tasted the same even after 2 days of storing.
- Above measurements were enough for 4 servings.
- The colour of the soup is so bright, taken from the tomatoes and carrots.
- When I tasted this soup it’s exactly the same, that I had at a restaurant, sometime back.
- This, Tomato Carrot Soup, completely filled up our tummies, as we had loads of toasted bread along with it.
Tomato Carrot Vegan Soup
- 4 count Tomatoes
- 4 count Carrots
- 2 count Onions
- 1 teaspoon Ground Pepper Powder
- 2 teaspoons Cumin Powder / Jeera powder
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Salt (as per taste)
- 1½ cups Water
- Firstly, wash the tomatoes & carrots. Peel the carrots & onions. Cut all of them into big chunks.
- STOVE TOP METHOD
- Take the veggie chunks into a blender / processor / mixie and grind into a puree by adding half a cup of water.
- Transfer this puree into a thick bottomed vessel .
- INSTANT POT / ELECTRIC PRESSURE COOKER METHOD
- Transfer all the vegetable chunks into the IP vessel.
- Add enough water to soak the veggies completely.
- Switch the instant pot ON, set it to SOUP mode, high pressure, for 6 mins with valve closed.
- Release the pressure manually. Blend everything smoothly, using a hand blender.
- Add the pepper powder, salt and cumin / jeera powder. Mix up everything thoroughly.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Done!!
You can Pin it here for later use:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category