Recipe Cooked , Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:2 mins CookingTime:4 mins Cuisine:Indian
Who wouldn’t like sweet corn? I do not know/ heard of anyone till today. I made this as a snack for my kids and they just loved it, as sweetcorn is one of their favourite veggies.
Do try this and your kids wouldn’t leave the plate without having for one more serving! 🙂
Quick salad/snack which can be made in just 5-6 mins.
Kosambari is the name given to South Indian Salad seasoned with mustard seeds.
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned in the end.
My Collection of Salads⇒ Salads & Soups
- Sweet Corn (boiled/frozen) – 2 cups
- Pomegranate seeds – ½ cup
- Onion – 1 small
- Coriander (chopped) – ¼ cup
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Cooking Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Green chilly – 1
- Pomegranate seeds
- Mustard Seeds
- Chop the onion very finely.
- Slit the green chilly lengthwise.
- If you are using frozen sweet corn put microwave them for 3 minutes.
- Put a small frying pan on stove top in medium flame.
- Add the oil,Once the oil is heated add the mustard seeds,let them pop.
- Follow the pictures for reference.
- Add the turmeric powder, chopped onion and green chilly.
- Let the onions become a bit transparent.
- Then,add the sweet corn and mix up everything. (I forgot to take a snap here)
- Let the sweet corn soften more for about 2 – 3 mins.
- Switch off the stove.
- Add the pomegranate seeds and chopped coriander.
- Then,gently mix everything and transfer into serving bowl.
- Do not roast the onions.
- You can surely add any masala other spice powder or chilli flakes to spice it up.
- You can adjust the salt as per your taste.
- This chat without any chat masala but gives the tempting taste of sweet (from sweet corn) and sour (from pomegranate) .
- This salad can be served as one of the starters,in lettuce wraps,in tortillas,or can be eaten just as it is.
You can Pinit here for later, Pinterest Link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category