Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime: 5 mins CookingTime:5 mins Cuisine:Indian
I am in love with this salad, for many reasons.
Primarily, this recipe is from no where other than my little brain. 🙂 I surely had sprouted & boiled chickpeas waiting for them to be eaten. But, I was thinking for something new for them to pair up. And then, instantly, I came up with this salad & dressing , with the ingredients available in my fridge. Secondly, it tasted absolutely delightful. My daughters and my husband loved it too.
Moreover, Chickpeas has many benefits like (extracted from internet) :
- Helps Control Blood Sugar Levels. …
- Increases Satiety and Helps with Weight Loss. …
- Improves Digestion Thanks to a High Fiber Content. …
- Helps Protect Against Heart Disease and Cancer. …
- Provides Essential Vitamins and Minerals. …
- Great Source of Plant-Based Protein.
So why don’t you try this protein packed salad and see! 🙂
Click this link, you can find the method I used to make Sprouts .
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned in the end.
You might see my other Salads recipes here⇒ Salads & Soups
- Sprouted Black Chickpeas / Garbanzo Peas – 2 cups (cooked)
- Sides of Fresh Mango – 1 (green or yellow)
- Salad leaves – any (optional)
- Sugar Snap Peas – 8 to 10
- Mango Puree – 3 tablespoons
- Himalayan Rock Salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Red Chilli flakes – ½ teaspoon
- Mango puree
- First get the sprouted Chickpeas cooked. Use this link how to get Sprouts ready.
- Wash,Peel an cut the mango into small cubes.
- Break the sugar snap peas into halves.
- For dressing , take a small cup, add the mango puree , salt and chilli flakes. Mix well.
- Now, in a salad bowl , add the cooked chickpeas , sugar snap peas and mango cubes.
- Using a spatula gently combine everything.
- Now add the salad leaves and just give one last gentle mix. See pic below.
- Serve the salad in bowls or cups! Done!!
- After adding the salad dressing into the salad bowl, remember to mix gently,
- You can change the salt,sweet and spice as per your taste.
- The taste of this salad is sweet and sour.
- Its just yummilicious and is very much filling as a starter.
- Look at the bowls below, aren’t they colourful and tempting!!
You can Pinit here for later use:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can find my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category