Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
Prep Time:2 min Mixing Time:1 min Cuisine:Indian
Raita , is an Indian version of yogurt dip. It can be made with many variations by adding different veggies & spices either raw or cooked.
Carrot Raita is the easiest of all the raitas I could think of at any moment. Just grate, add and mix…its that easy which is ready in maximum of 2 mins.
This raita /dip can be served with any rice,chips, roti,naan bread too.
Don’t forget to see the Tips which I mentioned at the end.
- Homemade Thick Curd / Greek Plain Yogurt / Plain Yogurt – 1 cup
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Red Chilli flakes – ½ teaspoon
- Carrot– 1 Large
- Coriander – 4 to 5 twigs
- Homemade Thick Curd / Greek Yogurt
- Firstly grate the carrot and chop the coriander.
- Take the curd / yogurt into a serving bowl.
- Transfer the grated carrot, and coriander (leave a teaspoon aside for garnishing).
- Add the chilli flakes and salt too. See pic below.
- Give everything a thorough mix so that the salt and pepper blends well to the curd / yogurt.
- Garnish it with the teaspoon of chopped coriander that we left aside.
- That’s it the Carrot Raita/Dip is ready to serve. Done!!
- If you are a vegan , you can use vegan yogurt or curd.
- I have used homemade thick curd but greek yogurt if not plain yogurt can also be used.
- You can store it in the refrigerator and serve chilled.
- Storage time is same as that of the curd / yogurt used.
- This raita /dip can be served with any rice,chips, roti,naan bread too. Or it can be had as it is.
- We had this raita paired up with Jeera Pulao / Cumin Rice. Just look at this lovely pair.
You can Pinit here using Pinterest Link :
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category
Follow me on Facebook⇒ https://www.facebook.com/vegcookbookpraveena/