Recipe Cooked,Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:10 min CookTime:10 min Cuisine:Indian
These days, sandwich is a very common ANYTIME food item across the world.This recipe below is a perfect Indian version of a sandwich which is generally seen as a street food in India. In this recipe, we use the Green Chutney as the sandwich spread and potato filling as the stuffing.
Just try this Spicy version of a sandwich with the infusion of Indian Masala. I make these sandwiches not only for snack but also for my kids lunch boxes. They just love them with the tomato sauce.
The same recipe can be done over a tawa/pan on stove top if you do not have a sandwich maker.
Before starting to cook this recipe , see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Appetiser / Snack recipes collection here⇒ Starters / Snacks
Breakfast recipes collection here⇒ Breakfast / Tiffin
Kids Lunch box collection here⇒ Kids Lunch Box Ideas & Recipes
- Bread Burfi / Bread Halwa
- Fusion Dessert – Fruit Custard & Halwa/Pudding
- Curried Green Wrap / Indian Curry Wrap
- Bread Slices – 8
- Grated Cheese (any) – ½ cup
- Fresh Coriander(chopped) – [1 cup + ½ cup]
- Fresh Mint(chopped) – 1 cup
- Green Chillies – 4
- Salt – as per taste
- Boiled Potatoes – 3 large
- Chat Masala / Garam Masala/ Curry Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Red Chilli powder – ½ teaspoon
- Onions (chopped) – ½ cup
- Grated Cheese
- Chat Masala / Garam Masala/ Curry Powder
Step wise pics Procedure:
- Firstly, we need to get the green chutney and potato filling ready.
- For Green Chutney : Take 1 cup of fresh mint, 1 cup of fresh coriander, green chillies and salt into a blender/mixer.
- Grind/Blend them into a smooth paste.
- For Potato Filling: In a wide bowl, take the boiled potatoes and mash them.
- Add the ½ cup of coriander, chopped onions, salt, red chilli powder and masala powder.
- Mix everything thoroughly.
- Now take two bread slices, spread green chutney on one slice and potato filling on the other as shown below.
- Put the grated cheese on one of the slices as shown below.
- Put the slice with potato filling onto the slice with cheese spread.
- Shift the same into a sandwich maker and grill them.
- For stove top grilling: Put a non-tick (or) iron tawa/pan on the stove top.
- When its heated enough, put the sandwich on it and toast it.
- By pressing with a flat ladle and turning onto the other side for every 30 secs until you get a light brown colour. Done!!
- If you are a Vegan, you will have to use a vegan one or just eliminate it (not suitable though).
- I used whole wheat bread too, but any bread perfectly suits.
- Tomato sauce works as a perfect dip for these spicy sandwiches.
- Don’t skip the green chutney, which is a must .
- Adjust the salt & spice as per your taste.
- The taste of this, Indian masala sandwich, is spicy and tangy.
- While the texture is crunchy as we grilled it.
You can Pin it here for later use, Pinterest Link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can find my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category