Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
Prep Time:10 mins Mixing Time:2mins Cuisine:Indian
Summer / Winter / Monsoon whatever might be the season, having fresh (whole) fruits has to be a must in everybody’s daily diet. I make sure my kids definitely have their reasonable share of fruits daily. My husband gets loads ( I have to say the fruit baskets on our home, do overflow) of fruits and all varieties of them too. That being the other reason, for the love my kids show for eating fruits, whenever given.
This salad recipe is the basic one as any home would definitely have apple and orange. And liked by many. The main added addition here, is that its a NO OIL recipe. Hence its completely guilt free. If you dont have cherries , opt for any red coloured fruit like pomegranate.We all enjoyed eating this salad, its really a tummy filling starter or snack.
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned in the end.
My other Salad recipes here⇒ Salads & Soups
- Apples – 2
- Oranges – 4
- Lemon Juice – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Cherries – 10
- Mint – 15 leaves
- Fresh Orange Juice – from 2 oranges
- Orange Juice
- Firstly, wash all the fruits and mint leaves thoroughly.
- Peel 4 of the oranges and chop them into small pieces.
- Chop the mint leaves finely.
- De-seed the cherries and apples, then cut them into pieces too.
- Put the apple pieces into a bowl of fresh water for them to avoid from de-colouring.
- For the salad dressing, squeeze the juice from 2 of the remaining oranges into a small bowl. as shown above.
- Add the salt, sugar and lemon juice to the same bowl.
- Beat it thoroughly with a fork/spoon, such that the salt and sugar are blended well.
- Take the fruit pieces along with mint, into a wide salad bowl, as shown below.
- Pour the dressing (that we prepared) onto the fruits in the salad bowl.
- Using two spatulas, gently combine everything.
- Serve it immediately.
- Freshly squeezed orange juice works best for this salad, while you can even use bottled juice (store bought).
- If you dont have cherries ,opt for any red coloured fruit like pomegranate.
- Always, toss or fold the salad after adding the dressing. Do it gently.
- Adjust the salt & sourness according to your taste.
- The taste of this salad is more of sweeter side and a little sour.
- It is definitely a tasty and pleasant way to start of the menu,as a starter.
- Look at the colourful bowl below, that itself is tempting!! Isn’t it??
You can Pinit here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can find my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category