Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:5 mins MixingTime:5 mins Cuisine:Indian
Sapota/ Chikoo is a summer seasonal fruit available throughout the globe now, but primarily grown in India, Spain,Mexico.
This fruit is a storehouse of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, glucose, tannins and calories. Ripened sapota is a great source of minerals like potassium, copper, iron and vitamins like folate, niacin and pantothenic acid. Other health benefits include Rich in Vitamin A and C, Energy Provider, Controls Blood Pressure, Good for the Bones (info from internet).
With all the above health benefits and as a summer seasonal fruit, I thought of trying this delectable, refreshing milkshake of Sapota/ Chikoo. I wanted to add horlicks as a special booster for my kids. Even you can try!
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips which I mentioned at the end.
You can see my other Drink recipes here⇒ Drink / Beverage
- Ripen Sapota/ Chikoo Pieces – 1 cup
- Cold Milk – ½ litre
- Horlicks – 2 tablespoons
- Vanilla Ice-cream – ½ cup
- Almond/ Badam (chopped) – 4 tablespoons
- Honey – 2 tablespoons
- Mint / Pudina – 7 to 8 leaves
- Firstly, take 2 tablespoons of Horlicks and 4 tablespoons of milk into a blender/ juicer/ mixer.
- Blend it until the horlicks mixes well without any lumps.
- Now, pour the rest of the milk into the blender jar.
- And add the sapota/ chikoo pieces, honey, vanilla ice-cream, 3 tablespoons of chopped almonds/badam and few leaves of mint/pudina into the same jar. See pic below.
- Blend/grind everything finely and pour the milkshake into serving glasses.
- Top them with leftover chopped almonds/badam and mint leaves. See pic below. Done!
- After adding horlicks to milk, see that there are no lumps.
- If you wish to, you can add ice-cubes at the bottom or top of the glasses.
- Add any nuts of your choice.
- Vegans can use any plant-based milk and vegan ice-cream for the same.
- The taste of this is obviously sweet
You can Pinit here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category