Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
Prep Time:10 mins Cooking Time:10mins Cuisine:Chinese
Fried rice itself is a delectable rice dish with roughly cooked veggies might be considered as raw. As it is very mild in spice (or you can say as not spicy) it is euqally enjoyed by adutlts and children.
There are many variations of fried rice but this is the veg recipe that I follow regularly. Its Chinese basically with the use of Soya sauce in it. This is one of the recipes I depend on to finish off any leftover rice or when I’m not in mood to do prolonged cooking.
Its a Vegan+ Glutenfree. I used just the 3 coloured capsicum, but feel free to use any veggies that can also be eaten raw like carrot, peas too.Tomatoes aren’t preferred as it make the rice wet.
Note: This recipe is Glutenfree only if you can use a GLUTEN-FREE SOY SAUCE, heard it that Soy Sauce which we normally use isn’t Gluten-free.
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips which I mentioned at the end.
You might see my other rice recipes here⇒ Main Course
Related Posts: Capsicum-Nuvvula Koora / Bell Pepper-Sesame Curry / Shimla Mirch-Til Sabzi , Capsicum – Aratikaya Koora / Bell Pepper-Raw Banana Curry , Bell Pepper – Lentil Fritters / Capsicum Punugulu
- Yellow Capsicum/ Bell-Pepper (pieces) – 1 cup
- Red Capsicum/ Bell-Pepper (pieces) – 1 cup
- Green Capsicum/ Bell-Pepper (pieces) – 1 cup
- Basmati Rice (uncooked) – 1 cup
- Spring Onions – 3 (along with greens)
- Olive Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Soya Sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Green Chilli Sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Ginger (chopped) – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic (chopped) – 1 tablespoon (optional)
- Salt – as per taste
- Black Peppercorn Powder/ Miriyala Podi- 1½ teaspoon
- Chopped Coriander – 4 tablespoons
- Spring Onions
- Soya Sauce
- Firstly, get the basmati rice cooked in a non-sticky manner. Keep aside.
- Chop the spring onions into tiny pieces set aside.
- Put a pan/vessel on stove top under medium flame, add the oil and let it heat.
- Add the chopped ginger, chopped garlic (optional) and ¾th of the chopped spring onions. See pic below.
- Toss them for 30 sec and add the pieces of (all 3 colours) Capsicum/ BellPeppers to the same pan.
- Add salt (for whole of the fried rice) , and stir fry them for just 2-3 mins.
- Now, add the soya sauce, green chilli sauce, black peppercorn powder and 1 tablespoon of chopped coriander to the same pan. See pic below.
- Give everything a gentle mix,and let it be for 30 sec.
- Now, add the cooked basmati rice to the pan.
- Add half of the chopped coriander and gently stir/toss/mix everything but thoroughly.
- Let it be on flame for 1 more min and then switch the flame off.
- Transfer into serving dish, garnish with the remining spring onion greens and chopped coriander. Done!!
- Note: This recipe is Glutenfree only if you can use a GLUTEN-FREE SOY SAUCE, heard it that Soy Sauce which we normally use isn’t Gluten-free.
- This recipe can be made with leftover rice or with freshly cooked rice.
- If you are using freshly cooked rice, let it cool off completely (to room temperature) before adding to the pan, this is to avoid stickiness of the rice grains.
- Basmati rice suits best for this recipe, but you can make with any other rice variety.
- Just use any cooking oil, but Olive Oil works best for this dish.
- Remember, not to overcook the onions and capsicum pieces. They are meant to be half cooked i.e have a bit of raw texture.
- Adjust the salt and spice as per your taste.
- It stays fresh upto a day at room temp, but is a make ahead rice recipe, can be stored in the refrigerator and be warmed before serving.
- The taste of this fried rice is simply superb.
- We had it with tomato ketchup/sauce and my kids just ADORED it!!
You can Pinit here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category