Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:3 min MixTime:1 min Cuisine:Indian
This is quite a simple dip that I made instantly just that I had a fresh mango lying in the fruit basket. It not the completely sweet nor completely unripe kind of Mango. I hope you understand what I mean. Just go for it, its really very apt for such fritters and on crackers too.
Being an Oil-Free dip made with all fresh ingredients, its perfectly healthy in all ways.
We had this dip paired up with Bell Pepper – Lentil Fritters / Capsicum Punugulu . Just look at this lovely pair at the above pic.
Before starting, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
See my other dips/chutneys here⇒ Chutney / Pachchadi / Dip
Starter / Appetiser recipes collection⇒ Starters / Snacks
- Pudina Pachadi / Mint Chutney
- Fresh Coconut Chutney Powder (Oil Free)
- Coconut & Almond Chutney / Kobbari & Badam Pachadi
- Green / Yellow Mango (not fully ripen) – 1 (medium size)
- Fresh Lime/Lemon – 1 (small)
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Green Chillies – 2
- Fresh Lime/Lemon
- Firstly wash & peel the mango.
- Slice/Cut it into small chunks.
- Chop the ginger and green chillies.
- Take all of them into a processor/mixer, squeeze the lime/lemon juice.
- Blend into a smooth paste. Done!!
- Adjust the salt & spice as per your taste.
- Dont add too much of lime/lemon juice, it might turn bitter too.
- Store it refrigerator, stays good for upto a week.
- The taste of this dip is a mix of sour, spice and sweet at the same time.
- This dip can be served with any chips, bread, fritters, crackers, nuggets, fries or as a salad topping too.
- We had this dip paired up with Bell Pepper – Lentil Fritters / Capsicum Punugulu . Just look at this lovely pair. 🙂
You can Pinit here for later use :
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category