Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
Prep Time:5 mins Mixing Time:5 mins Cuisine:Indian
This refresher is so special to me, why because it has the basil leaves from my tiny backyard plant. Yes, my husband planted few herbs in our backyard and this is part of that patch. Is it not a good feel to cook something, from a fruit/veggie/herb grown in your own garden. Ofcourse it is!! 🙂
I wanted to surprise my daughters with a refreshing drink once they are back home from school, on a severe sunny day. Made this refreshing chilled drink and when it was quite a great feel for me to see how satisfied they felt. They just loved it.
Watermelon is a fruits that has more than 90% of water. Hence, it has many health benefits like cleansing your inner body along with other nutritional benefits. On the contrary daily adequate intake of this fruit might even cause adverse effects on the health. (info from internet)
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips which I mentioned at the end.
You might see my other Drink recipes here⇒ Drink / Beverage
Ingredients: (for 4 tumblers)
- Watermelon (seedless) – 5 cups (cubed pieces)
- Honey/ Sugar/ Maple Syrup – 2 tablespoons
- Lemon Juice – 2 tablespoons
- Basil Leaves – 1 cup (packed)
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Ice cold water – 3 cups
- Ice cubes – 1 cup
- Ice cold water
- Ice cubes
- Gather all the ingredients at one place.
- Wash the basil leaves and take them into a blender/processor (leave 4 leaves for garnish)
- Add the watermelon pieces to the blender except for 1 cup of them which we can use for topping up.
- Add the honey and lemon juice to the same.
- Blend everything finely, transfer into a jug. See pic below.
- Take the tumblers, add the remaining watermelon pieces and ice-cubes, by sharing equally.
- Pour the above blended puree, equally into all 4 tumblers.
- Add ice-cold water upto the brim of each tumbler.
- Garnish each with a Basil leaf and a straw. Done!!
- You can avoid honey if you wish to. Add sugar / maple syrup as a replacer.
- After blending you can strain the liquid, which I avoided.
- You can dilute the thick pulp with the amount of water you wish to.
- This refresher is insanely a perfect coolant on a hot summer day.
- It can also be served as a starter beverage of any meal/party/gathering.
- Look at the pics below, you will surely feel like making this sooner.
You can Pinit here for later, Pinterest:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category
Like my Facebook Page⇒ https://www.facebook.com/vegcookbookpraveena/