Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
Prep Time:1 mins Cooking Time:5 mins Cuisine:Indian
Raita , is an Indian version of yogurt dip. It can be made with many variations by adding different veggies & spices either raw or cooked.
Pudina/ Mint have many health benefits like: Aids in Digestion,great appetizer, treats nausea & headache,Reduces Depression & Fatigue,Skin Care,Prevents Memory Loss, Weight Loss (extracted from internet). I generally try to add mint leaves in any recipe whereever it blends well.
This raita /dip is a quick one and can be served with any rice,chips, roti,naan bread too or can be used as a salad dressing.
As shown in the last pic below, we had this raita/dip along with Kobbari Annam / Coconut Rice
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned in the end.
Other recipes for Chutney / Dips here⇒ Chutney / Pachchadi / Dip
- Homemade Thick Curd / Greek Plain Yogurt / Plain Yogurt – 1 cup
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Green Chillies – 3 (small size)
- Mint Leaves – 1 fist full
- Onion – 1 (small size)
- Cooking Oil – 1 tablespoon (optional)
- Homemade Thick Curd / Greek Yogurt
- Firstly wash the pudina/mint leaves and wipe clean them. Chop the onion. Set aside.
- Take the curd / yogurt into a serving bowl , add the salt and keep it ready .
- Put a small frying pan on stovetop under medium flame and add the oil.
- Now, add the pudina/mint leaves and green chillies to the pan.
- Fry them as shown below and switch the flame off.
- Once they are cooled, transfer them into a blender and make fine puree by adding 2-3 tablespoons of water. See pic below.
- Add this puree onto the curd/yogurt and mix/whisk everything thoroughly.
- Use the chopped onion to garnish the raita/dip. Done!!
- If you are a Vegan, you will have to use a plant based yogurt.
- In case you wish to avoid the oil, you can even dry roast the leaves & chillies.
- Adjust the salt and spice as per your taste.
- This raita/dip can be stored in fridge and stays good upto 2-3 days.
- It can be served chilled too.
- The taste of this raita/dip gives a refreshing feel in every spoon.
- The addition of onion on top gives the crunchy texture to this soft raita/dip.
- As shown in the last pic below, we had this raita/dip along with Kobbari Annam / Coconut Rice
You can Pinit here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category
Like my Facebook page⇒ https://www.facebook.com/vegcookbookpraveena/