Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:1 mins CookingTime:5 mins Cuisine:Indian
I always loved the spicy puffed rice mix, my Mom used to make during festivals. And the tiny cheese bites were the real attraction for us when we were kids.
Keeping that in mind, this is a recipe that I made up, by my own with the ingredients I had at that time and giving a simple seasoning to them. But trust me, the outcome was damn good.
Do you like the tiny weeny size cheese bites?? I just love them… I happened to find them in an Indian store, and for the sake of them, I made this munching snack.
My kids, including my little son, loved it so much, that they had it for after school snack every single day, until the tin was empty. 🙂
I made 2 batches, one with less spice (for kids) and the other with bit more spice .
In case you do not have the cheese bites, you can replace them with plain crisps / potato crisps.
You can make this within 5 mins but store it for upto a month. I did not use any oil, herbs for it to spoil. This is a high in fiber, glutenfree,oil-free, protein filled snack. So, be assured and make this for your family!!
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips which I mentioned at the end.
My other Snack / Starter recipes here⇒ Starters / Snacks
- Bran Flakes – 1 cup
- Corn Flakes – 1 cup
- Murmura / Puffed Rice / Rice Crispies – 1 cup
- Peanuts / Ground Nuts – ½ cup
- Rasins / Kishmish – ½ cup
- Sev – ½ cup
Ingredients for Seasoning:
- Cheese Biscuits / Crushed Crips – ½ cup
- Sugar – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – as per taste
- Chilli Powder / Paprika – as per taste
- Cheese Biscuits
- In an wide and heavy botomed pan, add all the ingredients, as shown below.
- Put the pan on stovetop, under medium to high flame.
- Keep stirring gently and thoroughly until you get a crispy sound.
- This might take upto 5-6 mins.
- Then, switch the flame off and add all the ‘Ingredients for Seasoning’.
- Again give a toss (or) mix up everything thoroughly throughout the pan.
- Set the pan for cooling down completely.
- Then, transfer everything into an air-tight container. Done!!
- Adjust the salt & spice as per your taste.
- Keep stirring continuously, once you switched the flame on.
- / Crushed Crisps
- Store the trail mix in an air-tight container, in a cool, dry place in your kitchen.
- Before every serve, gently toss the mix, so that the seasoning doesn’t stay beneath the tin.
- Needless to say, this trail mix is fully loaded with goodness, you will have that feeling of ‘No Guilt’.
You can Pinit here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category