Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:12 mins LayeringTime:5 mins Cuisine:Indian
As Valentine’s day is coming soon, I thought I should share few exemplary yet easy to make recipes suitable to show off the love to whomsoever we wish to. Might be suitable for a date night / family Valentine dinner / get together. Hope you didn’t miss my previous post that suits such occasion, Eggless Whole Wheat Blueberry Cobbler
Kalakand, is India’s most popular traditional basic sweet. This recipe below is a fusion dessert made with KALAKAND as a star player, as its the main character in this film of Mango Kalakand Dessert Parfait.
What is a parfait
Basically, parfait is a layered dessert which contains fruit, cream and eggs (optional). I eliminated the usage of eggs. Whereas, here I just replaced the eggs with this exotic mango kalakand. Why don’t you take a look at my other fusion dessert recipes,
Just imagine, when you put a dessert spoon digging deep into this colourful glass, and then you have half of the spoon with mango kalakand, the other half with the cream, cherry pieces and nuts……waiting for your loved one to relish!!!!!! 🙂
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
My other Dessert recipes here⇒ Desserts / Mithayi
Fudge / Burfi recipes collection⇒ Indian Burfi / Fudge Recipes
Laddoo recipes collection⇒ Laddoo Recipes / Indian Energy Balls
- Fusion Dessert with Fruit Custard & Halwa/Pudding
- Blueberry & Cream Parfait – NoBake! NoCook!
- Eggless Whole Wheat Blueberry Cobbler
- Mango Kalakand Burfi / Fudge
Ingredients:(for 2 servings)
- Mango Kalakand / Plain Kalakand – ½ cup
- Fresh Cherries – 20
- Pistachios – 10 (finely chopped)
- Whipping Cream / Double Cream / Heavy Cream – 1 cup
- Vanilla Essence – 1 teaspoon
- Icing Sugar – ¼ cup
- Dried Rose Petals – 4 (optional)
- Fresh Cherries
Procedure for Mango Kalakand Dessert Parfait:
- For preparation:
- Get the Mango Kalakand prepared using my recipe. Click this link for step wise pics recipe⇒ Mango Kalakand
- Take the whipping cream in a wide bowl, add the icing sugar and vanilla essence.
- Whisk thoroughly up to high peaks, using an electric hand blender / manual whisker. Keep this whipped cream aside.
- Take the fresh cherries, de-seed them, cut each into 2 halves and set aside.
- For layering :
- Layer-1, Take two medium sized glasses, add 1 heaped tablespoon of mango kalakand and spread it across the bottom layer of the glass.
- Layer-2, gently drop 10 cherry halves and few chopped pistachios.
- Layer-3, on top of it, spread (thin layer only) a tablespoon of whipped cream.
- Now, using the back of a tea spoon, apply the cream through the wall of the glass. See the picture below for better understanding.
- Immediately, take each cherry half and gently press them against the cream on the glass wall.
- Such that the cherry half sticks well to the glass and it doesn’t fall.
- Layer-4, add 1 heaped tablespoon of mango kalakand and spread it across the cream (below layer).
- Add a thick layer of whipped cream with 2 tablespoons. You can make a swirl too.
- On top of it, just drop few chopped pistachios, dried rose petals (optional) and a whole cherry. Done!!
- You can use any Kalakand in the same recipe.
- While layering the ingredients, be patient that the ingredients don’t mix up.
- Instead of cherries and pistachios, you can use any fresh fruits and any dry fruits/nuts of your choice.
- Serving suggestions: Make the Kalakand well before, store it in fridge, but layer this fusion dessert just before the occasion.
- Or, Do the layering of the dessert, except the top whipped cream layer. Store the glasses in fridge. Just before the occasion, add the top whipped cream layer and serve.
- The already yummiest Mango Kalakand on its own, the whipped cream adds the unquestionable salivating.
- Addition of fresh luscious cherries gave top-notch taste for this, Mango Kalakand dessert parfait.
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category