Aloo Matar Masala Sabji / Potato Green Peas Gravy Curry
Vegan, Vegetarian, Simple, Easy to make, gravy curry or side for any rice, roti, phulka, Indian breakfast.
- 5 count Potatoes (large size)
- 4 count Tomatoes (medium size)
- 1 inch piece Ginger
- as per taste Salt
- 10 count Curry Leaves (optional)
- 7 count Fresh Green Chillies (or as per taste)
- 3 tablespoons Cooking Oil
- 4-5 twigs Fresh Coriander
- 1 cup Frozen Green Peas
- 1 tablespoon Sugar/Jaggery
- 2 teaspoons Red Chilli Powder / Paprika (or as per taste)
- 1-2 teaspoons Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tablespoon Jeera / Cumin Powder
- as required Water
Ingredients for Tempering
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Sesame Seeds
- ½ teaspoon Jeera / Cumin Seeds
- ¾ teaspoon Mustard Seeds
Wash the vegetables and herbs. Peel the potatoes, cut into cube size pieces and put them in a bowl of water (to prevent them from changing colour). Cut the tomatoes into small pieces.Slit the green chillies length wise, finely chop the ginger and coriander.
Put a frying pan on stove top under medium flame, add the oil and let it heat.Add all the ‘Ingredients for Tempering’ and let them splutter. Add the chopped ginger, slit green chillies and curry leaves.Transfer all the potato, tomato pieces and required salt.Add 1½ of water and close the pan, let it cook for 10 mins. Now add the green peas, leave the pan with lid for 5 more mins.Take the lid off the pan, add the sugar, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and jeera /cumin powder.Mix everything thoroughly and leave it open for 2-3 mins. Once the curry reaches your desired consistency, add half of the chopped coriander.Give a gentle mix and switch the flame off.Transfer the curry/sabzi into a serving dish and garnish it with rest of the coriander. Done!!