Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:5 mins Make Time: 5 mins Cuisine: Indian
Sapota/ Chikoo is a summer seasonal fruit available throughout the globe now, but primarily grown in India, Spain, Mexico.
With all the below health benefits and as a summer seasonal fruit, I thought of trying this, Sapota / chikoo milkshake.
It turned out to be delectable and quite refreshing. I wanted to add Horlicks as a special booster for my kids. Even you can try!
Health Benefits of ‘Chikoo (Sapota) Milkshake Recipe’:
Chikoo / Sapota: This fruit is a storehouse of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, glucose, tannins and calories. Ripened sapota is a great source of minerals like potassium, copper, iron and vitamins. Rich in Vitamin A and C, Energy Provider, Controls Blood Pressure, Good for the Bones.
Horlicks: It is excellently aids in growth and is rich in fibre.
To Conclude: This recipe is suitable for Vegetarian, Gluten free, Protein Rich, Kids Friendly diets.
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Drink recipes collection here⇒ Drink / Beverage
Dessert recipes collection here⇒ Desserts / Mithayi
- Semiya Payasam / Kheer / Vermicelli-Milk Pudding
- Eggless Strawberry Cupcakes
- Avocado & Mango Milkshake
- Ripen Sapota/ Chikoo Pieces – 1 cup
- Cold Milk – ½ litre
- Horlicks – 2 tablespoons
- Vanilla Ice-cream – ½ cup
- Almond/ Badam (chopped) – 4 tablespoons
- Honey – 2 tablespoons
- Fresh Mint / Pudina – 7 to 8 leaves
Step Wise Pics Procedure for ‘Sapota Shake / Creamy Chikoo Milkshake Recipe’:
- Firstly, take 2 tablespoons of Horlicks and 4 tablespoons of milk into a blender/ juicer/ mixer.
- Blend it until the Horlicks mixes well without any lumps.
- Now, pour the rest of the milk into the blender jar.
- And add the sapota/ chikoo pieces, honey, vanilla ice-cream, 3 tablespoons of chopped almonds/badam and few leaves of mint/pudina into the same jar.
- Blend everything finely and pour the milkshake into serving glasses.
- Top them with leftover chopped almonds/badam and mint leaves. Done!
- After adding horlicks to milk, see that there are no lumps.
- If you wish to, you can add ice-cubes at the bottom or top of the glasses.
- Add any nuts of your choice.
- Frozen Sapota / Chikoo fruit can also be used.
- Vegans can use any plant-based milk and vegan ice-cream for the same.
- Storage: This milkshake can be stored in fridge up to 2 days. And can e frozen into ice lollies, which can be enjoyed up to 10 days.
- The taste of this, Sapota / Chikoo milkshake, is obviously sweet and you will be wanting to have one more glass. 🙂
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category