Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:2 mins MixTime:2 mins Cuisine:Indian
Peanut Butter is loved by many people, especially by kids for its sweet, nutty & crunchy taste.
We, mommy(s) always face such situations when their kid(s) do not even get time to have a tummy filling breakfast. And breakfast being the main meal of a day, this makes me worry too. For such mornings, I quickly make such smoothies which are high in protein, calories so that it keeps their little tummy filled until the next meal.
Peanut butter is high in protein, fibre, calories and has essential fat too. So, this smoothie CANNOT be added to my Weight Loss Food / Low Carb Recipes.With the addition of fruits, this, peanut butter smoothie (no sugar), is a wholesome energy booster suitable as a breakfast on the go, and for weight gain in kids!!
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
My other smoothies recipes here⇒ Drink / Beverage
Breakfast recipes collection here⇒ Breakfast / Tiffin
Kids friendly recipes collection here⇒ After School / Lunch Box Sweet Treats
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- Peanut Butter – 2 teaspoons
- Fresh / Frozen Banana – 1 large
- Fresh Apple – 1 small
- Raisins / Kishmish – 1 tablespoon
- Milk – 2 cups
- Ground Cinnamon / Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Chia Seeds – 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Ground Cinnamon / Powder
- Raisins / Kishmish
- Take half of milk, banana pieces, apple pieces, raisins into a blender. Blend them smoothly.
- Now, add the rest of the milk, peanut butter, chia seeds, cinnamon powder, sugar (optional) to the same.
- Blend again thoroughly. Serve into glasses. Done!!
- Vegan options – use almond milk / coconut milk for best results.
- I skipped the sugar, you can if you wish to.
- My kids loved the smoothie, even without any added sugar.
- And they said, peanut butter smoothie (no sugar), it kept them full until the lunch time. What else!? 🙂
You can Pinit here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category