Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:5 mins MixTime:2 mins Cuisine:English
Cucumber Peanut Salad is a quick recipe for this weekend, that was initiated with the Weekend’s fresh veggie shopping. We had this for our afternoon lunch. This can be part of the lettuce wraps or eaten just as it is or can be used for a tortilla wrap….tastes so good my kids asked for another serving!!
You surely, do need to try this simple salad recipe to satisfy the purpose of those fresh veggies not to be willing to be cooked !! 🙂
Other salad recipes here⇒ Salads & Soups
- Cucumber – 1 (large size)
- Coriander – ½ cup
- Roasted Peanuts – ½ cup
- Roasted Peanut Powder – ½ cup
- Lemon – 1 large
- Salt – as per taste
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Powder of Roasted Peanuts
- Cut the cucumber, along with skin, into small bite size pieces.
- Chop the coriander.
- Take the cucumber pieces and chopped coriander into a salad bowl.
- Add the roasted peanuts and roasted peanuts powder too.
- (In case you do not have roasted peanuts look for the process in tips given below)
- Now, take Sugar and Salt into a small cup and squeeze the fresh lemon juice.
- Give a thorough mix till the salt and sugar dissolves well.
- Transfer this lemon juice mixture into the salad bowl.
- Gently combine everything such that the lemon juice mix and peanut powder is coated across all the cucumber pieces.
- In case, you do not have roasted peanuts you can dry roast a cup of fresh peanuts on a stove-top pan.
- Roast them until they change their colour and you get a pleasant aroma.
- Once the roasted peanuts are cooled, powder them in a blender.
- While mixing everything, just do it very gently once or twice.
- Do not over mix the ingredients in the salad bowl.
- I used brown sugar and hence my lemon juice mix is in such colour.
- You can add the salt and sugar as per your taste.
- Too much of lemon juice might make the salad watery.
- The salad looks exactly as shown in the pic below.
- It tastes sour, nutty and crunchy, most of all it’s very healthy with all natural stuff.
You can Pinit here for later, Pinterest Link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category