Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:5 mins MixTime:2 mins Cuisine:English
Lettuce wraps made with Cucumber Peanut Salad is a quick recipe for this weekend, that was initiated with the Weekend’s fresh veggie shopping. We had this for our afternoon lunch. This can be part of the lettuce wraps or eaten just as it is or can be used for a tortilla wrap….tasted very good my kids asked for another serving!! 🙂 Target achieved!!!
You surely, need to try this simple salad recipe to satisfy the purpose of those fresh veggies not to be willing to be cooked !! 🙂
Health Benefits of Cucumber
Cucumbers are very low in calories and they also contain fiber in the skin and so can help us maintain a healthy weight.
This is a low carbs, low calories, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, quick, easy and instant recipe suitable for weight loss diet.
Adding this recipe into my collection of Weight Loss Food / Low Carb Recipes
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Salad recipes collection here⇒ Salad Recipes
Appetiser recipes collection⇒ Starters / Snacks
Collection of recipes with Green veggies⇒ Recipes with GREENS
- Avocado & Mango Salsa & Tacos ( No Oil)
- SweetCorn-Pomegranate Salad / Kosambari
- Curried Green Wrap / Indian Curry Wrap
- Chana / Chickpea Sprouts & Basil Sandwich
- Cucumber – 1 (large size)
- Fresh Coriander – ½ cup (5 twigs)
- Roasted Peanuts – ½ cup
- Powder of Roasted Peanut – ¼ cup
- Lemon – 1 large
- Salt – as per taste
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Black Pepper Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Carrot / Cheese (grated) – 1 tablespoon
- Powder of Roasted Peanuts
Step wise pics Procedure:
- Cut the cucumber, along with skin, into small bite size pieces.
- Chop the coriander.
- In case, you do not have roasted peanuts you can dry roast a cup of fresh peanuts on a stove-top pan under medium flame, by stirring continuously.
- Roast them until they change their colour and you get a pleasant aroma.
- Once the roasted peanuts are cooled, powder them in a blender.
- While mixing everything, just do it very gently once or twice.
- Do not over mix the ingredients in the salad bowl.
- I used brown sugar and hence my lemon juice mix is in such colour.
- You can add the salt and sugar as per your taste.
- Too much of lemon juice might make the salad watery.
- The, cucumber peanut salad looks exactly as shown in the pic below.
- It tastes sour, nutty and crunchy, most of all it’s very healthy with all natural stuff.
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest Link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category