Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:5 mins MakeTime:2 mins Cuisine:English
Lettuce Cups made with Cucumber Peanut Salad is a quick recipe for this weekend, that was initiated with the Weekend’s fresh veggie shopping. We had this for our afternoon lunch.
This can be part of the lettuce wraps / cups or eaten just as it is or can be used for a tortilla wrap….tasted very good my kids asked for another serving!! 🙂 Target achieved!!!
You surely, need to try this simple salad recipe to satisfy the purpose of those fresh veggies not to be willing to be cooked !! 🙂
Health Benefits of Cucumber – Peanut Salad & Lettuce Cups:
Cucumbers are very low in calories and they also contain fiber in the skin and so can help us maintain a healthy weight.
Peanuts are good source of Omega-3, edible fiber, anti-oxidants and healthy fats. And are rich in calories too (info from internet). But if you take it in moderation anything should be fine.
To conclude, this is a low carbs, low calories, quick, easy and instant recipe suitable for vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, weight loss diet.
Adding this recipe into my collection of Weight Loss Food / Low Carb Recipes
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Salad recipes collection here⇒ Salad Recipes
Appetiser recipes collection⇒ Starters / Snacks
Collection of recipes with Green veggies⇒ Recipes with GREENS
- Avocado & Mango Salsa & Tacos ( No Oil)
- SweetCorn-Pomegranate Salad / Kosambari
- Curried Green Wrap / Indian Curry Wrap
- Chana / Chickpea Sprouts & Basil Sandwich
- Cucumber – 1 (large size)
- Fresh Coriander – ½ cup (5 twigs)
- Roasted Peanuts – ½ cup
- Powder of Roasted Peanut – ¼ cup
- Lemon – 1 large
- Salt – as per taste
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Black Pepper Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Carrot / Cheese (grated) – 1 tablespoon
- Powder of Roasted Peanuts
Step wise pics Procedure for ‘Cucumber – Peanut Salad & Lettuce Cups’:
- In case, you do not have roasted peanuts you can dry roast a cup of fresh peanuts on a stove-top pan under medium flame, by stirring continuously.
- Roast them until they change their colour and you get a pleasant aroma.
- Once the roasted peanuts are cooled, powder them in a blender.
- While mixing everything, just do it very gently once or twice.
- Do not over mix the ingredients in the salad bowl.
- I used brown sugar and hence my lemon juice mix is in such colour.
- You can add the salt and sugar as per your taste.
- Too much of lemon juice might make the salad watery.
- The, cucumber peanut salad looks exactly as shown in the pic below.
- It tastes sour, nutty and crunchy, most of all it’s very healthy with all natural stuff.
Lettuce Cups with No Cook, Cucucmber – Peanut Salad
- 1 count Green Cucumber / Keera / English Cucumber (large size)
- ½ cup Fresh Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
- ½ cup Roasted / Tossed Peanuts
- ¼ cup Powder of Roasted Peanut
- 1 count Lemon / Lime (large size)
- as per taste Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar / Honey
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tablespoon Carrot / Cheese (grated)
- Gather all the ingredients at one place. Cut the cucumber, along with skin, into small bite size pieces. Chop the coriander leaves.
- Take the cucumber pieces and chopped coriander into a salad bowl. Add the roasted peanuts and roasted peanuts powder too.
- Now, take Sugar and Salt into a small cup and squeeze the fresh lemon juice. Give a thorough mix till the salt and sugar dissolves well.
- Transfer this lemon juice mixture into the salad bowl. Take 2 ladles into 2 hands, and gently combine everything such that everything is coated across.
- Place the lettuce cups on a plate, gently place 2-3 tablespoons of salad on each lettuce cup. Top it up with grated cheese / carrot. Done!!
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest Link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category