Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:5 mins MakeTime:2 mins Cuisine:Indian
Recipe Card ⇓ Shop ⇓
Lettuce Wraps filled with Cucumber Peanut Salad is a quick recipe for this weekend, that was initiated with the Weekend’s fresh veggie shopping. We had this for our afternoon lunch.
This can be part of the lettuce wraps / cups or eaten just as it is or can be used for a tortilla wrap….tasted very good my kids asked for another serving!! 🙂 Target achieved!!!
You surely, need to try this simple salad recipe to satisfy the purpose of those fresh veggies not to be willing to be cooked !! 🙂
Table of Contents:
Click to Expand / Collapse
- Health Benefits of ‘Cucumber Peanut Salad / Lettuce Wraps with Cucumber Salad’:
- Other recipes from my blog:
- Step wise pics Procedure for ‘Cucumber (Keera) and Peanut Salad (Indian style):
- Prep Work:
- Salad Dressing:
- Make the Salad:
- Tips & Storage:
- Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
- Recipe Card & Print:
Health Benefits of ‘Cucumber Peanut Salad / Lettuce Wraps with Cucumber Salad‘:
Cucumbers are very low in calories and they also contain fibre in the skin and so can help us maintain a healthy weight.
Peanuts are good source of Omega-3, edible fibre, anti-oxidants and healthy fats. And are rich in calories too (info from internet). But if you take it in moderation anything should be fine.
To conclude, this is a low carbs, low calories, quick, easy and instant recipe suitable for vegan, vegetarian, plant based, kids friendly, gluten free, weight loss diet.
Adding this recipe into my collection of Weight Loss Food / Low Carb Recipes
Other recipes from my blog:
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Salad recipes collection⇒ Salad Recipes
Appetiser recipes collection⇒ Starters / Snacks
Collection of recipes with Green veggies⇒ Recipes with GREENS
Drink recipes collection⇒ Drink / Beverage
- Green Salad Cucumber / Keera – 1 (large size)
- Fresh Coriander Leaves – ½ cup (5 twigs)
- Roasted Peanuts – ½ cup
- Powder of Roasted Peanuts – ¼ cup
- Lemon / Lime – 1 (large size)
- Salt – as per taste
- Sugar / Maple Syrup – 1 tablespoon
- Black Pepper Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Carrot / Cheese (grated) – 2 tablespoons
- Powder of Roasted Peanuts
Step wise pics Procedure for ‘Cucumber (Keera) and Peanut Salad (Indian style):
Make the Salad:
Tips & Storage:
- In case, you do not have roasted peanuts you can dry roast a cup of fresh peanuts on a stove-top pan under medium flame, by stirring continuously.
- Roast them until they change their colour and you get a pleasant aroma.
- Once the roasted peanuts are cooled, powder them in a blender.
- While mixing everything, just do it very gently once or twice.
- Do not over mix the ingredients in the salad bowl.
- I used brown sugar and hence my lemon juice mix is in such colour.
- You can add the salt and sugar as per your taste.
- Too much of lemon juice might make the salad watery.
- Storage: I would prefer making this salad fresh rather storing it.
- This, simple and easy to make, Cucumber and Peanut Salad looks exactly as shown in the pic below.
- It tastes sour, nutty and crunchy, most of all it’s very healthy with all natural stuff.
- Being a very low carbs salad it perfectly fits in my salad calorie count for the day.
Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipe Card & Print:
Cucumber Peanut Salad (Indian style)
- 1 Small cup
- 1 Wide Mixing Bowl
- 1 count Green Cucumber / Keera / English Cucumber (large size)
- ½ cup Fresh Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
- ½ cup Roasted / Tossed Peanuts
- ¼ cup Powder of Roasted Peanuts
- 1 count Lemon / Lime (large size)
- as per taste Salt
- 1 tablespoon Sugar / Honey / Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 2 tablespoons Carrot / Cheese (grated)
- Gather all the ingredients at one place. Cut the cucumber, along with skin, into small bite size pieces. Chop the coriander leaves.
- Take the cucumber pieces and chopped coriander into a salad bowl. Add the roasted peanuts and roasted peanuts powder too.
- Now, take Sugar and Salt into a small cup and squeeze the fresh lemon juice. Give a thorough mix till the salt and sugar dissolves well.
- Transfer this lemon juice mixture into the salad bowl. Take 2 ladles into 2 hands, and gently combine everything such that everything is coated across.
- Place the lettuce cups on a plate, gently place 2-3 tablespoons of salad on each lettuce cup. Top it up with grated cheese / carrot. Done!!
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest Link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category