Recipe Cooked , Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:10 mins CookTime:4 mins Cuisine:Indian
Who wouldn’t like sweet corn? I made this, sweetcorn & pomegranate salad, as a snack for my kids and they just loved it, as sweetcorn is one of their favourite veggies.
Do try this and your kids wouldn’t leave the plate without having for one more serving! 🙂
Kosambari is the name given to South Indian Salad seasoned with mustard seeds.
I made these colourful lettuce wraps, by using the same salad and few additional ingredients.
These, LETTUCE WRAPS, play an important role as a great starter in any party. Or as an excellent healthy snack for kids at any time of the day. THIS COMES UNDER KETO FRIENDLY, LOW CARD & WEIGHT LOSS DIET!! Hence, adding this to my Weight Loss Food / Low Carb Recipes
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned in the end.
My Collection of Salads recipes⇒ Salads & Soups
- Potato – Corn Cutlets / Tikki (Air-Fryer & Pan-Fry Method)
- BroadBeans-BabyCorn Curry/ Chikkudukaya-BabyCorn Koora/ Bakala- BabyCorn Sabzi
- Weight Loss Food / Low Carb Recipes
- Sweet Corn (boiled/frozen) – 2 cups
- Pomegranate seeds – ½ cup
- Onion – 1 small
- Coriander (chopped) – ¼ cup
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Cooking Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Green chillies – 2
- Grated Cheese – 2 tablespoons
- Fresh Lettuce Leaves – 6
- Pomegranate seeds
- Mustard Seeds
Step wise pics Procedure:
- Finely chop the onion, slit the green chillies lengthwise / chop finely.
- If you are using frozen sweet corn, take them into a glass bowl & microwave them for 6 minutes.
- Put a small frying pan on stove top in medium flame.
- Add the oil, when the oil is heated, add the mustard seeds, let them splutter.
- Add the turmeric powder, chopped onion and green chillies.
- Let the onions become a bit transparent.
- Then, add the sweet corn and mix up everything. (I forgot to take a snap here)
- Let the sweet corn soften more for about 2 – 3 mins.
- Switch off the stove.
- Add the pomegranate seeds and chopped coriander.
- Then, gently mix everything and transfer into serving bowl. Garnish with chopped coriander. Done!!
- LETTUCE WRAPS
- Wash the fresh lettuce leaves under running water.
- Place them one beside another on a serving tray.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the salad onto each of the leaves, and garnish with grated cheese. Done!!
- Do not roast the onions.
- You can surely add any masala other spice powder or chilli flakes to spice it up.
- Adjust the salt as per your taste.
- You can eliminate the cheese & oil and even have it raw, if you wish to.
- This, sweetcorn & pomegranate salad, made without any chat masala but gives the tempting taste of sweet (from sweet corn) and sour (from pomegranate) .
- These, LETTUCE WRAPS, play an important role as a great starter in any party. Or as an excellent healthy snack for kids at any time of the day.
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest Link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category