Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:10 mins CookTime:10 mins Cuisine:Indian
Snacks, snacks, snacks….this is what every kid keeps on hauting their Mum about. Isn’t it! And if its a holiday this becomes more. Like any other Mum, even I keep making eatable snacks with the available veggies/ingredients in my kitchen.
This is one such recipe which I usually make, where in I take potato as the base ingredient and just add any other veggies that I have. It is so quick and straightforward to make. On top of all this, its quite easy to please my kids.
Air-fryer is a new gadget in my kitchen, so this is my first recipe in the air-fryer series of my blog. I shall add more recipes from my air-fryer from now on. I explained both methods separately with pics, have a look below.
The tikki/cutlets which are pan-fried, also used very little oil, so its guilt-free too. The air-fried version of cutlets/tikki were more crunchier when compared to the pan-fried.
You can make the patties and freeze them, just pan-fry/ air-fry them before serving. Hence, this is a Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten free, Guilt-free, Prep-Food type of starter/snack.
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
My Snack/Starter collection, Click this link⇒ Starters / Snacks
My Chutney recipes collection here⇒ Chutney / Pachchadi / Dip
- SweetCorn-Pomegranate Salad / Kosambari
- Sprouted Red Beans – Potato Salad / Chat
- Curried Green Wrap / Indian Curry Wrap
Ingredients: (makes 10-12)
- Potatoes (boiled) – 3 (large size)
- Sweet Corn (boiled) – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 large size (finely chopped)
- Black Cumin / Jeera – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Bread Crumbs – ¼ cup
- Fresh Coriander – 10 twigs (finely chopped)
- Curry Leaves – 10 leaves (finely chopped)
- Green Chillies – 3 (finely chopped)
- Cooking Oil – 3 to 5 tablespoons
- Green Chillies
- Curry Leaves
Step wise pics Procedure:
- Peel the potatoes, mash them perfectly and put aside.
- Put a frying pan on stove top under medium flame, add 2 tablespoons of oil.
- After heating the oil, add the black cumin/jeera and let it splutter.
- Add onions and fry them until they become translucent.
- Now add green chillies and curry leaves. Give a stir.
- Transfer the mashed potato, sweet corn, salt, turmeric powder and chopped coriander (except a tablespoon) to the pan.
- Mix up everything thoroughly from all sides and switch the flame off.
- Let this cool a bit and make patties of your desired shape. Set aside.
- Pan Fry Method
- Put a griddle on stove top under high flame and let it heat.
- Pour a teaspoon of oil and brush it throughout the pan.
- Gently place the patties on the pan, let them fry for 2-3 mins.
- Using a spatula turn each one to the other side, pour few drops of oil around each and let them fry for 2-3 mins.
- Take them off onto a serving plate and garnish with chopped coriander. Done!!
- Air-Fryer Method
- Roll the patties over the bread crumbs.
- Pre-heat the air-fryer at 200ºC and gently place the patties onto the mesh tray and set the timer for 3 mins.
- Gently turn over the cutlets to the other side, again set the timer to 2 mins and then switch off.
- Garnish with chopped coriander & serve. Done!!
- Adjust the salt and spice as per your taste.
- For extra flavour, you can even add garam masala / chat masala to the potaoes in the pan.
- I did use bread crumbs for the pan-fry cutlets/tikkis. Just to have different taste.
- You can make the patties and freeze them, just pan-fry/ air-fry them before serving.
- These, potato corn cutlets (air-fryer & pan-fry method), stays good up to a month in the freezer.
- The cutlets which are pan-fried, also used very little oil, so its guilt-free too.
- The taste of these, potato corn cutlets (air-fryer & pan-fry method), is truly amazing with a very soft melt in mouth texture.
- I just drizzled some sev and tomato sauce on top as a dip.
- The air-fried version of cutlets/tikki were more crunchier when compared to the pan-fried.
You can Pin it here for later use, Pinterest Link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can find my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category