Recipe Baked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:10 mins BakeTime:50-60 mins Cuisine:English
Cherry & Banana bread eggless, this is the easiest way to use the left over ripened bananas in my kitchen. I generally prefer to use such bananas for baking rather than to use them in a smoothie. As my kids, generally love to eat this rather than a smoothie.
I had some half a kilo of fresh cherries bought from farmers market, wanted to definitely bake something. And at the same time I had over ripened bananas lying in the fruit basket. So just combined both to bake a bread. It turned out super fluffy, soft and was insanely delicious. Do give and try, and let me know how you liked it.
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
My Baking recipes collection here⇒ Baking
- Apple & Orange Salad – No Oil
- Stuffed Banana Peppers / Gutti Mirapakaya
- Fusion Dessert – Fruit Custard & Halwa/Pudding
- Bananas (ripe) – 6 medium size
- Oil – ½ cup
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Fresh Cherries – ½ cup (de-seeded and chopped)
- Sunflower Seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Maida / All Purpose flour – 1½ cups
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Vanilla Essence – 1 teaspoon
Step wise pics Procedure:
- Firstly, switch the oven on and let it preheat at 180°C.
- Gather all the ingredients to the kitchen counter.
- Peel the bananas and mash them into puree, in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the oil , vanilla essence and sugar to it.
- In the same bowl sieve in the flour, baking powder and baking soda .
- Now, gently fold everything with a spatula until dry and wet ingredients blend well.
- Add all of the de-seeded and chopped cherries to the bowl and give a gentle mix .
- After applying the cake tin with a few drops of oil, line it with parchment paper.
- Pour the cake mix to the cake tin and gently top up the seeds on the cake mix.
- Place the cake tin in the pre-heated oven.
- Bake it for about 50-60 minutes.
- Continue Baking until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Then, take the tin off the oven wearing your gloves.
- Put the tin with baked bread on the cooling rack, let it cool completely.
- Slice it and serve! Done!!
- Follow the exact measurements for a perfect bake.
- The sugar which I used is unrefined cane sugar, hence its not the refined white sugar.
- Do not overmix the flour and other ingredients.
- You can add any oil like vegetable oil or sunflower oil. I have used sunflower oil.
- You can use any fruit in the place of fresh cherries.
- The colour of this, Cherry & banana bread eggless cake, is dusky and had rough texture to look.
- It is very soft from inside, nutty and crunchy in texture.
- The cake was all fruity and nutty to look at.
- As I added fresh cherries, every bite of the cake had the fruity flavour and taste.
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can find my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category