Recipe Baked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:10 mins BakeTime:50-60 mins Cuisine:English
This Vegan Banana bread is the easiest way to use the left over ripened bananas in my kitchen. I generally prefer to use such bananas for baking rather than to use them in a smoothie. As my kids, generally love to eat this rather than a smoothie.
I had some half a kilo of fresh cherries bought from farmers market, wanted to definitely bake something. And at the same time I had over ripened bananas lying in the fruit basket. So just combined both to bake a bread. It turned out super fluffy, soft and was insanely delicious. Do give and try, and let me know how you liked it.
Important points to remember for baking, ‘Cherry – Banana Bread (Eggless)’:
Remember that all the ingredients must be at room temeprature before starting to use them.
After applying the cake tin with a few drops of oil, line it with parchment paper / baking paper. But if you are short of parchment paper, just dust some flour over the cake tin after oil brushing.
I generally pre-heat the oven, for 7 to 8 mins, after which I immediately place the cake tin into the oven for baking.
Over mixing / too much of blending the dry & wet ingredients, is not suggested. Just blend for a min, such that all the ingredients are mixed well and there are no lumps in the mix.
I have tried the same recipe, with double the ingredients, and the output turned great.
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Appetiser recipes collection⇒ Starters / Snacks
My Baking recipes collection here⇒ Baking Recipes
Air fryer recipes collection⇒ Air – Fryer Recipes
- Eggless Healthy Dry Fruits & Nuts Cake
- Strawberry Eggless Ice Cream (without condensed milk)
- Stuffed Banana Peppers / Gutti Mirapakaya
- Fusion Dessert – Fruit Custard & Halwa/Pudding
- Bananas (ripe) – 6 (medium size)
- Oil – ½ cup
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Fresh Cherries – ½ cup (de-seeded and chopped)
- Sunflower Seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Maida / All Purpose flour – 1½ cups
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Vanilla Essence – 1 teaspoon
Step wise pics Procedure for ‘Cherry Banana Bread (Eggless)’:
- Firstly, switch the oven on and let it preheat at 180°C / 356ºF.
- Gather all the ingredients to the kitchen counter.
- Take the cake tin / loaf pan, brush it with cooking oil. Line the loaf pan with parchment paper and set it aside.
TO MAKE CAKE MIX:
- Follow the exact measurements for a perfect bake.
- The sugar which I used is unrefined cane sugar, hence my cake has turned out extra dark in colour. If not it would be to the light brown in colour.
- Do not overmix the flour and other ingredients.
- You can add any oil like vegetable oil or sunflower oil. I have used sunflower oil.
- Instead of fresh cherries, you might use fresh strawberries, fresh blueberries, fresh rasperries or fresh black berries.
- Please check the cake after 50 mins, if the toothpick comes out clean take it out of the oven, if not let it bake for 10 mins more.
- The colour of this, Cherry & banana bread eggless cake, is dusky and had rough texture to look.
- It is very soft from inside, nutty and crunchy in texture.
- The cake was all fruity and nutty to look at.
- As I added fresh cherries, every bite of the cake had the fruity flavour and taste.
Cherry & Banana Bread / Cake Loaf
- Wide mixing bowl (for hand mixing method)
- Oven Safe / Baking Safe Dish / Cake Tin
- Electric Hand whisker / Fork / Manual Hand blender
- 6 count Bananas (ripe) (medium size)
- ½ cup Oil
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ cup Fresh Cherries (de-seeded and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Seeds
- 1½ cups Maida / All Purpose flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Firstly, switch the oven on and let it preheat at 180°C.Gather all the ingredients to the kitchen counter.Remember that all the ingredients must be at room temeprature before starting to use them.Take the cake tin / loaf pan, brush it with cooking oil. Line the loaf pan with parchment paper and set it aside.After applying the cake tin with a few drops of oil, line it with parchment paper.
TO MAKE THE CAKE MIX:
- Peel the bananas, take them into a wide mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, mash them completely into puree without any bits & pieces.
- Add the oil , vanilla essence and sugar to it.
- Add all of the de-seeded and chopped cherries to the bowl and give a gentle mix.
- Pour the cake mix to the cake tin and gently top up the seeds on the cake mix. Place the cake tin in the pre-heated oven. Bake it for about 50-60 minutes. Continue Baking until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Then, take the tin off the oven wearing your gloves. Put the tin with baked bread on the cooling rack, let it cool completely. Slice it and serve! Done!!
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can find my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category