Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:2 mins BakeTime:15 mins Cuisine:Indian
Whole Wheat Pistachio Cookies (Egg-free), this recipe is what I have been using since 6-7 yrs approximately. It never failed till date.
Last week during spring break, one fine morning, my elder darling, (yes! my elder daughter.. 🙂 ) woke up in the morning and all of a sudden said, “Amma, I’m in a mood for baking today! And I want to do it all by myself without any help from you…pls pls amma… 🙂 “
I felt a bit surprised but happy from within that she is confident enough to bake by herself…
While I was cooking family lunch on one side.. she made these cookies (old recipe of mine) on the other side of the kitchen. And here, a PROUD MOMMY presenting you the step wise photos which I clicked during my daughters baking fun!
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
My other Baking recipes here⇒ Baking Recipes
Dessert recipes collection⇒ Desserts / Mithayi
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL⇒ VegCookBook by Praveena
- Whole Wheat flour – 1½ cup
- Milk Powder – ½ cup
- Baking powder – ½ teaspoon
- Chopped Pistachios – ¾ cup
- Powdered sugar – ¾ cup
- Unsalted Butter Softened (at room temperature) – ½ cup
- Milk – 2 to 3 tablespoon
- Vanilla essence or any essence – 1 teaspoon
- Milk Powder
Step wise pics Procedure:
Take the butter and sugar in a wide mixing bowl. Mix them thoroughly using a hand blender / spatula.
Sieve the whole wheat flour, milk powder, baking powder into the same bowl. The, add the chopped pistachios and vanilla essence.
Make it into dough by adding the milk (a teaspoon after teaspoon, only as required).
Make entire dough into cylinder shape. Wrap it with cling film and put it in the refrigerator for 1 hr.
Take out the dough, cut the cylinder from one end into slices, place them on
baking tray lined with baking paper. Make desired patterns too.
Pre-heat the oven at 160 ºC for 10 mins . Put the tray into the oven, change the temp to 180ºC / 350ºF and bake for 15 mins.
Take out and cool them on rack. Store them in an air-tight container. Done!!
STOVE-TOP METHODSpread the base of a wide sauce pan with salt. Put it along with lid, on stove-top under low flame for 10 mins. Place the unbaked cookies in the idli stand, close lid and cook on medium flame for 15 mins. Done!!
- Get all the ingredients to room temperature before staring the procedure.
- I used Unrefined cane sugar (not white sugar), hence my butter-sugar mix is a bit brown and even my cookies.
- Add the milk as per requirement only, I used 4 tablespoon of milk.
- You can double the ingredient portions, for making double the quantity. It always worked perfectly for me.
- Once cooled, store the cookies in an air-tight container and a cool, dry place.
- Needless to say, these, Whole Wheat Pistachio Cookies (Egg-free), were crunchy from outside, soft as you bite and tasty at the same time.
- I just cant put in words how happy & excited my darling daughter was, looking at the outcome. What do you think about her hard work?!
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category