Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:5 mins MakeTime:10 mins Cuisine:Indian
This post is very special to me, for the fact that my elder daughter made these healthy treats all by herself without any help from me. Right from selecting the dry fruits to decorating the treats she enjoyed making these little hearts on the occasion of Valentine’s day. I know its a late post, but as they say, its BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!! Right?!
I just clicked her work into these lovely photographs with her pretty hands decorating the little treats. This being a No-Cook-No-Bake recipe she was very much confident about, hence came forward by herself to give a try.
The ingredients I mentioned below, are what we used while my daughter made them. But, you can use any dry fruits and any nuts to go into this super easy sweet treat.
These are extremely nutritious with full of natural sweetness,fibre and calories in each fruit. Vegan+Gluten free healthy treat is what we can say to define them!!!
I am super sure that whoever reads/sees this post will definitely try this recipe and for sure will enjoy eating them. 🙂
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned in the end.
My other dessert recipes here⇒ Desserts / Mithayi
Appetiser recipes collection⇒ Starters / Snacks
Burfi Recipes collection here⇒ Indian Burfi / Fudge Recipes
- Dates – 15-20
- Walnuts – 1 fistful
- Almonds – 20 to 30
- Cashew Nuts – 15 to 20
- Dry Figs – 5
- Dry Cranberries – 10
- Green Raisins – 10
- Black Raisins – 10
- Honey / Maple Syrup – 3 tablespoons (optional)
- Sprinkles – any for decoration (optional)
Step wise pics Procedure:
- If you are using seeded dates, get the dates pitted.
- Take the pitted dates into processor/grinder and process/grind them.
- Half way through add all the rest of the dry fruits and nuts which you are using for this recipe.
- If you are using honey, add it also.
- Process / grind everything into smooth dough.
- Make the smooth dough into equal portions of small balls. See pics below.
- Make them into desired shape.
- Decorate the shaped treats with any sprinkles as per your wish. Done!!
- Except for dates, you can use any dry fruits and any nuts as dates are must.
- Don’t worry about the quantity of each dry fruit/nut in this recipe, just put them by your taste.
- You can use maple syrup in the place of honey.
- Use any mould to make shapes or just roll them into balls.
- You can eat them immediately.
- Store these, healthy treat (s), in an air-tight container at room temperature or in refrigerator.
- The taste of these healthy treat(s) is just divine. They are sweet,nutty and chewy in every bite!!
- These are extremely nutritious with full of natural sweetness, fiber and calories in each fruit.
You can Pin it here for later use :
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can find my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category