Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:5 mins MakeTime:10 mins Cuisine:Indian
Recipe Card ⇓ Shop ⇓
This post is very special to me, for the fact that my elder daughter made these healthy treats all by herself without any help from me. Right from selecting the dry fruits to decorating the treats she enjoyed making these little hearts on the occasion of Valentine’s day. I know its a late post, but as they say, its BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!! Right?!
I just clicked her work into these lovely photographs with her pretty hands decorating the little treats. This being a No-Cook-No-Bake recipe she was very much confident about, hence came forward by herself to give a try.
Possible Alterations for the recipe, ‘Plant Based, Instant, No Cook, Energy Bites with Dates’:
The ingredients I mentioned below, are what we used. But, you can use any dry fruits and any nuts to go into this super easy sweet treat.
Vegan & Whole Foods Plant Based Option: Just eliminate the honey, replace it with maple syrup. I tried both ways which turned excellent either way.
You can grind/process the ingredients coarsely or even smoothly. As per your desired consistency.
How to make ‘Chocolate Coated Energy Bombs / Fudge Bites’:
Take plain sweetened chocolate bars (4 to 5), into a glass bowl which is microwave safe.
Put the bowl in microwave for 30 sec to 1 min (or) until all the chocolate melts down.
Using a large spoon gently dip these energy bits / balls into the melted chocolate.
Place them on to plate. Set them to dry for atleast 30 mins. Serve. Done!
Health Benefits of ‘Dry Fruits Fudge Bites / Sugar Free Dry Fruit Barfi’:
Dates, These are extremely nutritious with full of natural sweetness, fibre and calories in each fruit. Dates are rich source of natural iron.
Nuts, are an excellent source of protein & edible fiber.
To conclude, this recipe Plant Based + Gluten free + Power packed healthy treat is what we can say to define them!!! Its suitable for Vegan, Vegetarian, Whole Foods Plant Based, Sugar Free, Kids Friendly diets.
I am super sure that whoever reads/sees this post will definitely try this recipe and for sure will enjoy eating them. 🙂
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned in the end.
My other dessert recipes here⇒ Desserts / Mithayi
Appetiser recipes collection⇒ Starters / Snacks
Burfi Recipes collection here⇒ Indian Burfi / Fudge Recipes
- Watermelon Rind Energy Balls (No added Sugar)
- Eggless Healthy Dry Fruits & Nuts Cake
- Bread Burfi / Bread Halwa
- Dates – 15 to 20
- Walnuts – 1 fistful
- Almonds – 20 to 30
- Cashew Nuts – 15 to 20
- Dry Figs – 5
- Dry Cranberries – 10
- Green Raisins – 10
- Black Raisins – 10
- Honey / Maple Syrup – 3 tablespoons (optional)
- Sprinkles – any for decoration (optional)
Step wise pics Procedure for ‘Dry Fruit Burfi / Dry Fruit Fudge / WFPB Energy Bites’:
- Except for dates, you can use any dry fruits and any nuts as dates are must.
- Don’t worry about the quantity of each dry fruit/nut in this recipe, just put them by your taste.
- You can use maple syrup in the place of honey.
- Use any mould to make shapes or just roll them into balls.
- You can eat them immediately.
- These, Dry Fruit Fudge Energy Bites, stay good upto a week when stored in an air-tight container at room temperature.
- When stored in fridge (not freezer) they stay good upto a month.
- The taste of these healthy Dry Fruit Fudge Energy Bites, is just divine. They are sweet,nutty and chewy in every bite!!
- These are extremely nutritious with full of natural sweetness, fiber and calories in each fruit.
Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Dry Fruits & Nuts Fudge / Energy Bars
- Food processor / Blender / Mixie.
- Cookie Cutter (optional)
- 15 to 20 Dates
- 1 fistful Walnuts
- 20- 30 Almonds
- 5 Dry Figs
- 15 to 20 Cashew Nuts
- 10 Dry Cranberries
- 10 Green Raisins
- 10 Black Raisins
- 3 tablespoons Maple Syrup/Honey (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Sprinkles for decoration (optional)
- Gather all the ingredients at one place.If you are using seeded dates, get the dates pitted. There's no need of any chopping needed.
- Take the pitted dates into processor/grinder and process/grind them.Half way through add all the rest of the dry fruits and nuts which you are using for this recipe. If you are using honey/maple syrup, add it as well.
- Process / grind everything into smooth dough. Take the dough outside the processor. Make the dough into equal portions of small balls. Just as shown.
- Later, turn them into desired shape as you can see above I used hearts.Decorate the shaped treats with any sprinkles as per your wish. Done!!
You can Pin it here for later use :
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can find my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category