Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:2 mins CookTime:10 mins Cuisine:Indian
Recipe Card ⇓ Shop ⇓
Pudina Pachadi / Mint Chutney, is what I am extremely fond of these days. Oh! My…this is so delicious with steamed plain rice and a generous serving of ghee / butter on top. Yes, this is the only chutney / pachadi which can be compared to the Gongura Pachadi / Sorrel Leaves Chutney (Andhra style).
Table of Contents:
- How to serve ‘South Indian style Pudina Pachadi / Mint Chutney’:
- Health Benefits of ‘Pudina Pachadi / Fresh Mint Chutney’:
- Other recipes from my blog:
- Step Wise Pics Procedure for ‘Pudina Pachadi / Mint Chutney’:
- Prep Work:
- Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
- Recipe Card & Print:
How to serve ‘South Indian style Pudina Instant Pachadi / Mint Chutney’:
This, Pudina Pachadi / Mint Chutney, is not much suitable as a condiment for idli, dosa, etc.. Rather, goes well with rice, paratha, roti, curd rice.
Health Benefits of ‘Pudina Pachadi / Fresh Mint Chutney’:
Mint has health benefits like: Aids in Digestion, Good for dental refreshment, great appetiser, treats nausea & headache, Reduces Depression & Fatigue, Skin Care, Prevents Memory Loss, Weight Loss.
Tamarind is high in anti inflammatory & anti oxidant properties, that protects against cancer. The tamarind puree helps in reducing body weight. (info from internet).
To conclude, this is a completely Vegan, Gluten free, High in Fibre, Low in calories recipe. Hence, this goes into my collection of Weight Loss Food / Low Carb Recipes
Other recipes from my blog:
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Chutney recipes collection⇒ Chutney / Pachchadi / Dip
Meal Platters collection⇒ Bhojanam / Thali / Meal Platter
Recipes with Green veggies / leaves⇒ 50+ Recipes with GREENS
Related Posts with ‘MINT’:
- Pudina Carrot Pulao / Mint Carrot Rice (Instant Pot, Stove Top)
- Mint Leaves Spice Powder / Pudina Karam Podi
- Pudina Raita / Mint-Yogurt Dip
- Mint-Coconut Chutney / Pudina-Kobbari Pachchadi
- Mint / Pudina Leaves – 1 cup (pressed)
- Jeera / Cumins Seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste / 2 teaspoons
- Dry Red Chillies / Yendu Mirchi – 15
- Dry Tamarind / Pulp – small lemon size ball
- Cooking Oil – 3 tablespoons
- Hot Water – for soaking (half of ¼ cup)
- Garlic Pods – 4 (optional)
- Dry Tamarind / Tamarind Pulp
Step Wise Pics Procedure for ‘Pudina Pachadi / Andhra style Mint Chutney’:
- Do not over sauté / fry the mint leaves, just be careful not to change their original green colour.
- Adjust the salt, spice and sour as per your taste.
- You can top up the chutney with additional tempering / tadka & oil too. I felt it unnecessary, so skipped.
- Storage options: This Chutney, tastes good up to 3-4 days at room temperature and up to a month when stored in fridge.
- This Chutney, turned out exceptionally tasty.
- It suited best with steamed hot rice and a generous serving of homemade ghee / butter. Even my 3 kids loved it that way!! 🙂
Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipe Card & Print:
Pudina Pachadi / Mint Chutney
- Frying pan (for stove-top)
- Blender/ Spice Grinder/ Mixie.
- 1 cup Mint / Pudina Leaves (pressed)
- 1 teaspoon Jeera / Whole Cumins Seeds
- 2 teaspoon Salt (as per taste)
- 15 count Dry Red Chillies / Yendu Mirchi
- 1 small lemon size Dry Tamarind / Pulp
- 3 tablespoons Cooking Oil
- ⅛ cup Hot Water (for soaking)
- 4 pods Garlic (optional)
- Boil the water and soak the dry tamarind in it. Set it aside.
- Put a frying pan on stove top under medium flame, add oil, heat it and fry the dry red chillies till they turn light brown. Set them aside.
- Wash the mint /pudina leaves and add them to the same pan.Saute / Fry them for a min, until they shrink. Switch off flame.
- Take the mint leaves, Fried Red Chillies, Salt, Jeera / Cumin Seeds, Tamarind Pulp (along with water), Garlic Pods (optional) into a mixer / spice blender.Grind into a coarse paste and transfer into serving dish!! Done!!
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category