Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
Prep Time:1 mins CookTime:4 mins Cuisine:Indian
Recipe Card ⇓ Shop ⇓
Raita , is an Indian version of Yogurt based dip. It can be made with many variations by adding different veggies & spices either raw or cooked. I generally try to add mint leaves in any recipe where ever it blends well.
In my opinion, I consider this simple condiment / accompaniment, as an efficient all rounder for its multi purpose usage. Check below how I use it in many ways.
How to serve / use, ‘Mint Yogurt Indian Dip / Pudina Raita’:
This, Pudina raita / mint yogurt dip, is mainly suitable for rice recipes like Pulao, Biryani, Pilaf. Adding here rice recipes from my blog.
- Spring Onion Pulao / Salad Onion Rice (Instant Pot, Stove Top)
- Spinach & Chickpeas Pulao Rice (South Indian style) (Instant Pot, Stove Top)
- Green Moong Beans (Sprouts) Pulao (Instant Pot / Stove top)
- Sweet Corn & Cashew Rice
- Methi Pulao / Rice with Fenugreek Leaves (Instant Pot, Stove Top)
As shown in above pic, we had this raita as an accompaniment along with Kobbari Annam / Coconut Rice (Instant Pot, Stove Top)
Health Benefits of ‘Mint Yogurt Dip / Pudina Raita’:
Pudina / Mint have many health benefits like: Aids in Digestion, great appetiser, treats nausea & headache, reduces Depression & Fatigue, Skin Care, Prevents Memory Loss, Weight Loss.
Curds / Yogurt are rich in protein & calcium. Helps to improve digestion & strengthens immune system. (info from internet).
To conclude, this recipe is useful for easy digestion & prevents nausea. It is suitable for kids, Vegetarian, Gluten Free diet, Weight Loss diet.
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned in the end.
Chutney recipes collection⇒ Chutney / Pachchadi / Dip
Appetiser recipes collection⇒ Starters / Snacks
Salad recipes collection⇒ Salads & Soups
- Mint-Coconut Chutney / Pudina-Kobbari Pachchadi
- Indian Masala Sandwich
- Mint Leaves Spice Powder / Pudina Karam Podi
- Pudina Pachadi / Mint Chutney
- Potato Salad with Parsley
- Homemade Thick Curd / Plain Yogurt – 1 cup
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Green Chillies – 3 (small size)
- Mint Leaves – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 (small size)
- Cooking Oil – 1 tablespoon (optional)
- Homemade Thick Curd / Greek Yogurt
Step wise pics Procedure for ‘Pudina Raita / Mint Yogurt Dip’:
- Firstly wash the pudina/mint leaves. Peel & chop the onion.
- In a serving bowl, take the curd / yogurt, add the salt and just whisk it once or twice.
- Set everything aside.
- If you are a Vegan, you will have to use a Plant based yogurt.
- In case you wish to avoid the oil, you can even dry roast the leaves & green chillies.
- Replacement for green chillies would be freshly ground black pepper.
- Adjust the salt and spice as per your taste.
- Storage: This raita/dip stays good for 1 day at room temperature. But stays good for a week when stored in fridge.
- It can be served chilled too.
- The taste of this, Pudina raita / Mint yogurt dip, gives a refreshing feel in every dip.
- The addition of onion gives the crunchy texture to this soft raita/dip.
- We had this, Pudina raita / Mint yogurt dip, as an accompaniment along with Kobbari Annam / Coconut Rice (Instant Pot, Stove Top)
Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pudina Raita / Mint – Yogurt Dip
- Frying pan (for stove-top method)
- 1 cup Homemade Thick Curd / Plain Yogurt
- 1 cup Fresh Mint Leaves
- 3 count Green Chillies (small size)
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 count Onion (small size)
- 1 tablespoon Cooking Oil (optional)
- Firstly wash the pudina/mint leaves. Peel & chop the onion. In a serving bowl, take the curd / yogurt, add the salt and just whisk it once or twice.Set everything aside.
- Put a small frying pan on stove top under medium flame and add the oil. Now, add the pudina/mint leaves and green chillies to the pan.Fry them, by stirring continuously until the leaves wilt. Then, switch the flame off.
- Transfer them into a blender, add 1-2 tablespoons of water and make fine puree.Add this puree and the chopped onion onto the curd/yogurt in the mixing bowl.
- Mix everything well. Done!
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category