Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:5 mins MixTime:5 mins Cuisine:Indian
This is a very simple beverage/drink recipe, with yogurt (or) curd as the main ingredient. It works very effectively as a summer coolant, because of the yogurt/curd in it.
Just put everything in a blender, give few pulses and that’s it! In any Indian household, this beverage is a must in summers. Try it and see! 🙂
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
My Drink recipes collection here⇒ Drink / Beverage
My Snack recipes collection here⇒ Starters / Snacks
Ingredients: (for 2 glasses)
- Sweet Mango – 1 (medium size)
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Sugar / Honey – 2 teaspoons
- Plain Yogurt / Curd – 1 cup
- Ice cold water – 1 cup
- Ice cubes – 10
- Ice cream – 2 scoops (vanilla / mango flavour)
- Strawberries – 2 (for garnish)
- Sprinkles – 1 teaspoon (to garnish)
- Plain Yogurt / Curd
- Ice cold water
- Ice cubes
- Firstly, wash the mango, peel it and chop it into small pieces.
- Take a blender, add the mango pieces, except for 2 tablespoons of them which we can use for topping up.
- Blend them into puree.
- Then add the yogurt/curd, salt, sugar/honey, cold water and ice cubes.
- Again, blend everything thoroughly.
- Take 2 glasses, pour the blended lassi upto ¾th level.
- Now top it with a scoop of ice-cream and 1 tablespoon of mango pieces on each glass.
- Garnish it with few sprinklers, a mango piece and straw. Done!!
- Adjust the sweetness of the lassi as per your choice.
- Firstly, blend the mango pieces and only then add the rest of the ingredients.
- In case you do not have fresh mangoes, use same amount of canned mango pulp.
- This lassi can be made ahead and stored in fridge for upto 2-3 days.
- The taste of this drink is just out of the world. With the ice-cream on top and bite size pieces of mango in between its just a bliss not only in hot summers but anytime!
- Anyone would just adore it, why wouldn’t they?!
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category