Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:2 mins BlendTime:3 mins Cuisine: Indian
Plant Based or Whole Foods Coolants are my best fit for the coming up Summer season. So, thought I would experiment in some of such recipes.
And this, Cucumber Mint Detox Drink for Weight Loss, is one such amazing combination where I savoured every drop of it.
The fundamental point for this recipe is to detoxify the body and to fit under Low calorie recipes collection>> Weight Loss Food / Low Carb Recipes. Do read on and try it then! 🙂
Health Benefits of ‘Cucumber Mint Detox Drink for Weight Loss’:
Cucumber (Keera): are very low in calories and their skin contains high fibre content. These 2 features help us maintain a low fat healthy weight.
Mint (Pudina): Aids in digestion, good for dental refreshment, skin care & weight loss, great appetiser, treats nausea & headache, reduces depression & fatigue, prevents memory loss.
Lemon/Lime: are a good source of Vitamin C, improves digestion and protects from anaemia. They are always considered for weight loss foods.
To Conclude: This recipe is best suitable for detoxifying the body, for weight loss diets, fat free, low calorie diets, whole foods plant based, diabetic friendly diets. And to improve digestion.
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Drink recipes collection⇒ Drink / Beverage
Low Calorie recipes collection⇒ Weight Loss Food / Low Carb Recipes
Breakfast recipes collection⇒ Breakfast / Tiffin
- Green Cucumber Lentil Dal / Keera Dosakaya Pappu
- Dosakaya Pappu / Yellow Cucumber Dal
- Cucumber-Peanut Salad
- Dosavakaya / Yellow Cucumber Pickle
- Mint Leaves Spice Powder / Pudina Karam Podi
- Pudina Raita / Mint Yogurt Dip
Ingredients: (for 2 glasses)
- Cucumber / Keera (chopped) – 2 cups
- Mint Leaves / Pudina – ½ cup
- Fresh Ginger Root – 1 inch piece
- Honey / Maple Syrup – 3 tablespoons
- Ground Black Pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Water – 2 cups
- Ice Cubes – 4
- Fresh Lemon Juice – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – as per taste
- Fresh Lemon Juice
Step wise pics Procedure for ‘Cucumber (Keera) Mint Detox Drink for Weight Loss’:
- Adjust the salt, sour & spice as per your taste.
- You can filter the drink just after blending, to eliminate the extra fibre. But I did not filter.
- Storage: You can store this, weight loss detox water, ONLY in fridge. But make sure to pour it in air tight containers.
- That way it stays good for 1 to 2 days. But, I would rather prepare this drink fresh.
- This, Cucumber Mint Detox Drink for weight loss, acts as a super refresher and gives a light feel on the tummy.
- Its tasty too, with the sweetness from the honey and sourness from the lemon juice.
- This, Weight Loss Detox Water, surely has the detoxification features any adult body requires from time to time.
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category