Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
Kids Lunch Box Ideas & Recipes, is an everyday hunt for the parents who pack homemade lunches for kids school / picnics.
I pack lunch & snack boxes for my 3 children everyday, with freshly, homemade recipes. Henceforth, I shall share few of them that I packed on different days.
Previouly, I posted 24 healthy kids lunch box, where I blogged only the packed lunches for lunch time. But, this page has boxes which I pack, includes individual box for lunch, snack and dip / chutney too.
I SHALL UPDATE THIS PAGE FREQUENTLY, KEEP FOLLOWING!!
LINK FOR LUNCH BOXES:
Until last academic year, I used plastic snack boxes, but this year I discarded them, and bought these brand new steel snack boxes and dip / chutney boxes. These are very easy to pack, clean and are leak proof.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
LUNCH BOX # 9
- Lunch Box: One left side, it’s freshly made salad, with strawberry, cherry tomatoes, green cucumber on a bed of Romaine lettuce. Sprinkled 2 pinches of salt.
- The other side, I packed South Indian style, Seasoned Chickpea which is full of protein & flavour. (Recipe link⇒ Thalimpu Senagalu / Chana Tadka / Seasoned Chickpeas (Instant Pot, Stove Top) I made it in the morning, using Instant pot / pressure cooker within 15 mins. Alternatively, you can even make it the previous night too.
- Chutney box has homemade Millet-Sesame Laddoo / Energy Ball (Recipe Link⇒ Ragi-Nuvvula Laddu / Millet-Sesame Sweet Balls / Bhakri-Til Laddoo).
- Snack box has 2 servings of Dahi Vada. I made this previous night, stored it in an air-tight box in the refridgerator. (Recipe Link⇒ Perugu Vada / Dahi Vada (South Indian style))
LUNCH BOX # 8
- Lunch Box: One left side two plain chapathi / tortilla (whole wheat). I made the dough & chapathi the previous night, stored in an air tight container at room temperature.
- The other side, I packed Chana Masala / Chickpeas Curry which is full of protein. (Recipe link⇒ Chana Masala / Vegan Chickpea Stew (Instant Pot, Stove top) ) I made the curry in the morning, using Instant pot / pressure cooker. Alternatively, you can even make it the previous night too.
- On the top rack, it’s freshly made salad with ice berg lettuce and couple of cherry tomatoes.
- Chutney box has fresh homemade curds / yogurt, added very little salt.
- Snack box has slice of homemade fresh vegan cake. Eliminated the nuts just added the seeds. I made this previous night, stored it in an air-tight cake box at room temperature. (Recipe Link⇒ Eggless Healthy Dry Fruits & Nuts Cake )
LUNCH BOX # 7
- Lunch Box: One right side that’s slices of fresh yellow apple.
- The other side, I packed Medu Vada / Savoury Lentil Donuts which are full of protein, iron & fibre. (Recipe link⇒ Medu Vada / Minapa Garelu / Savoury Lentil Donuts) I made the batter, previous night and left it on kitchen platform at room temperature. In the morning, I made the vada / donuts, but packed them only when they are warm but not too hot. Alternatively, you can even fry them previous night but store in an air-tight container until morning.
- On the top rack, it’s freshly made salad with mixed greens, to compensate the oil in the vada / donuts.
- Chutney box has Ginger chutney (Recipe Link⇒ Ginger Chutney / Allam Pachadi) with more sweetness rather than spice.
- Snack box has fresh clementine cuties.
LUNCH BOX # 6
- Lunch Box: One side I packed fresh homemade salad with fresh yellow capsicum, carrot slices, chopped fresh coriander leaves. Topped with salt & chilli flakes.
- The other side, that’s Oats Veg Idli / Steamed Oats Patties. (Recipe link⇒ Instant Oats Idli / Oats Veg Idli ) I made the Idli batter & steamed the idli(s) the previous night, and just left them in an air-tight container on kitchen platform. In the morning, I warmed the idli(s) and packed them. (you can even make the batter alone, store in fridge & steam the idli in the morning).
- Chutney box has Capsicum & Tomato Chutney / Pachchadi with very low spice level.
- Snack box has fresh juicy plums.
LUNCH BOX # 5
- Lunch Box: One side I packed salad with fresh romaine lettuce and red onion pieces.
- On the other side I packed, steamed white rice lightly mixed with tri-colour stir fry. (Recipe link⇒ Cauliflower, Carrots & Peas Stir Fry ) I made the stir fry the previous night and just left it on kitchen platform. (you can even store it in fridge). In the morning, I cooked plain white rice in my rice cooker within 15 mins. After mixing, packed them only after getting to warm temperature.
- Chutney box has tutti fruti / dried fruit.
- Snack box has Crackers with cheese bites.
LUNCH BOX # 4
- Lunch Box: One side I packed salad with fresh white lettuce.
- On the other side I packed, Cabbage & Red Lentil Pakoda / Fritters. I made the batter previous night and just left it on kitchen platform. (you can even put it in fridge). And, fried them in the morning, using my AIR-FRYER within 15 mins. Stove-top method is also given here.(Recipe link⇒ Cabbage & Masoor Dal / Red Lentil Pakoda (Air fryer, Stove top methods)).
- On the top, are golden raisins / kishmish.
- Chutney box has store bought tomato ketchup as a dip.
- Snack box has fresh carrot sticks.
LUNCH BOX # 3
- Lunch Box: One side I packed salad with fresh tomatoes & green cucumber.
- On the other side I packed, quick rice recipe made with the POWERFUL GREENS, moringa / drumstick leaves. Over the weekend, I plucked the leaves from moringa twigs, washed, wiped and stored in fridge. And,made this recipe quickly within 10 mins from left over rice. (Recipe link⇒ Moringa / Drumstick Leaves Rice / Munagaku Pulihora).
- Chutney box has homemade yogurt / curds sweetened with powdered sugar.
- Snack box has fresh pieces of Sharon fruit.
LUNCH BOX # 2
- Lunch Box: One side I packed Clementine cuties.
- On the other side I packed one triangle of simple sandwich. Made with, Whole Wheat bread, applied butter on one side, tomato sauce on other side. For fillings, I used double cheese slice, fresh lettuce, tomato slices, fresh herbs (coriander).
- On the top rack, for dessert its homemade Coconut Fudge (Recipe link⇒ Fresh Coconut Fudge / Burfi ).
- Chutney box has Salad of Cucumber pieces & carrot strips.
- Snack box has fresh pieces of pear, which I cut at last i.e just before closing the box.
LUNCH BOX # 1
- Lunch Box: One side I packed slices of Yellow skinned melon / musk melon.
- On the other side I packed Air-fried arbi / taro root slices, which is full of carbs & does not need any major prep. (Recipe link⇒ Taro Root / Arbi / Colocasia / Chamadumpa Fry (Air-fryer, Stove-top) ). I pressure cooked the arbi / taro root the previous night. Left it at room temperature. But, air-fried in the morning with very little spice and then packed. Check the recipe link for stove top method. Homemade Papads on the top rack.
- Chutney box has tomato sauce / ketchup as a dip for the fries.
- Snack box has fresh pomegranate seeds, which I de-seeded the previous night and stored in fridge.
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category