Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:15 mins CookTime:15 mins Cuisine: Indian
Recipe Card ⇓ Shop ⇓
This recipe is my recent new creation, I should say. Its a whole lot of transformation of meaty kebabs into vegan / vegetarian / plant based version.
These are so very much suitable for any big to small parties / gatherings. Do try and let me know how you liked it. 🙂
Table of Contents:
- Possible Alterations for the recipe, ‘Green Peas Vegan Kebabs / Matar ki Tikki’:
- Other recipes from my blog:
- Full Video of ‘Green Peas Vegan Kebabs’:
- Step wise pics Procedure for, ‘Green Peas Vegan Kebabs / Matar ki Tikki (Stove Top, Air Fryer methods)’:
- Prep Work:
- To Prepare the Kebab Dough:
- Shaping into Kebabs:
- Stove Top Method Frying Green Peas Kebabs:
- Air Fryer Method Frying Green Peas Kebabs:
- Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
- Recipe Card & Print:
Possible Alterations for the recipe, ‘Green Peas Vegan Kebabs / Matar ki Tikki’:
Other spices to add: You might add mixed dry herbs (1 teaspoon), red chilli powder (1 teaspoon).
Herbs to add: Apart from coriander leaves you can also add, fresh mint leaves (1 tablespoon) or parsley. Or else dried herb mix (1 tablespoon) can also be added.
Using dry green peas: Then, you need to soak the peas overnight or 8 hrs. Drain the water and use.
Shaping into kebabs: You can make them into any shape, like round, square, heart etc.
To avoid skewers: The kebabs can be fried even without using skewers, just fry them as it is.
Other recipes from my blog:
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Appetiser recipes collection⇒ Starters / Snacks
Drink recipes here⇒ Drink / Beverage
Air Fryer recipes collection⇒ Air Fryer Recipes
Lunch Box recipes collection⇒ Kids Lunch Box Ideas & Recipes
Related Posts with ‘GREEN PEAS’:
- Aloo Matar Masala / Potato Green Peas Gravy Curry
- Carrot Green Peas Fry (South Indian Recipe)
- Vegan Mayo & Green Peas Spicy Sandwich
- Brinjal – Green Peas Curry / Vankaya – Bataani Koora
- Basil Pesto Peas Spaghetti (Stove Top, Instant Pot)
Follow me on⇒ Facebook / Pinterest / YouTube / Instagram
Full Video of ‘Green Peas Vegan Kebabs’:
- Frozen Green Peas – 2 cups
- Bread Crumbs – [¾ cup + ½ cup]
- Rice Flour – ½ cup
- Potatoes – 5 (medium size)
- Salt – 2 teaspoons
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Amchur / Dry Mango Powder -1 teaspoon
- Crushed Black Peppercorn – 2 teaspoons
- Ginger Garlic – 1 tablespoon (fresh / paste / powder)
- Green chillies – 1 tablespoon (chopped)
- Coriander / Cilantro Leaves – 2 tablespoons (chopped)
- Corn Flour – 2 tablespoons
- Water – ¼ cup
- Cooking Oil – 1½ cups (for stove top method)
- ” ” – 2 teaspoons (for air fryer method)
- Amchoor / Dry Mango Powder
- Bread Crumbs
- Rice Flour
Step wise pics Procedure for, ‘Green Peas Vegan Kebabs / Matar ki Tikki (Stove Top, Air Fryer methods)’:
As part of the prep work, boiling the potatoes is very much required.
You can boil the potatoes, either on Stove Top (or) in Instant Pot. I have given below both the methods, so check accordingly.
Boiling the Potatoes on Stove Top:
Boling the Potatoes in Instant Pot:
To Prepare the Kebab Dough:
Shaping into Kebabs:
Stove Top Method Frying Green Peas Kebabs:
Air Fryer Method Frying Green Peas Kebabs:
- Adjust the salt & spice as per your taste.
- Do not add any water while making the kebab dough.
- Be very careful while turning the kebabs to the other side while frying.
- Storage: These kebabs can be made well before, stored in fridge / freezer.
- Re-heat them, in air fryer/stove top for 2 mins, before serving.
- These, Green Peas Vegan Kebabs, turned out really good.
- They were crispy on the outside and soft from inside.
- The spices that we added were aptly right for the peas and potato mash.
Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipe Card & Print:
Green Peas Vegan Kebabs (Stove Top, Air Fryer Methods)
- Wide Mixing Bowl (for making the batter)
- Wide Frying pan (for stove top method)
- Air Fryer (for air-fryer method)
- 2 cups Frozen Green Peas
- ¾ cup Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup Rice Flour
- 5 count Potatoes (medium size)
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1 teaspoon Amchur / Dry Mango Powder
- 2 teaspoons Crushed Black Peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic (fresh / paste / powder)
- 1 tablespoon Green chillies (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Coriander / Cilantro Leaves (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Corn Flour
- ¼ cup Water
- 1½ cups Cooking Oil (for stove top method)
- 3 teaspoons " " (for air fryer method)
Boiling the Potatoes on Stove Top
- Into a sauce pan, add 4 cups of water. Drop the potatoes, place the lid, put the vessel on stove top under high flame for 15-20 mins.Switch the flame off. Strain the hot water, run cold water over them, peel the skin off and use.
Boiling the Potatoes in an Instant Pot
- Pour 2 cups of water into the inner pot. Place the washed potatoes into a steel vessel, and place the vessel on the trivet that fits the instant pot vessel. Close the IP lid. Set the valve to sealing. MODE to PRESSURE COOK, time to 10 mins, PRESSURE LEVEL to HIGH.Later, release the pressure naturally (NPR), might take 10 mins or so. Put the boiled potatoes in cold water, peel the skin and use.
MAKING THE KEBAB DOUGH:
- Gather all the ingredients at one place. Get the potatoes boiled, pealed. Finely chop the green chillies, coriander leaves, ginger, garlic.
- Mash the potatoes perfectly. Using a spice blender/processor, coarsely mash the frozen green peas, without adding any water.
- Mix thoroughly, Into a mixing bowl, after adding all these>> mashed potatoes, salt, crushed black peppercorn, rice flour, bread crumbs (¾ cup), chopped green chillies, chopped coriander leaves, amchur powder, ginger garlic paste.
SHAPING INTO KEBABS:
- Divide the dough into small fat oval shapes, then pierce each one with a skewers, as shown.
- Into a wide plate spread the bread crumbs (½ cup). And take the corn flour and water into a wide bowl. Whisk to form a slurry. Dip each uncooked kebab into the slurry and then roll them over the bread crumbs.
STOVE TOP METHOD GREEN PEAS VEGAN KEBABS:
- Put a wide frying pan on stove top under medium flame, pour oil (1½ cups) and heat. Gently place the uncooked kebabs. Let them fry.
- When they are fried to golden brown colour, carefully turn to the other side. Take them off the pan when they turn brown on both sides. Done!!
AIR FRYER METHOD GREEN PEAS VEGAN KEBABS:
- Spray / Brush the air fryer mesh with 1 teaspoon oil. Place the (not fried) kebabs on the mesh. Close the air fryer lid. Set MODE as AIR FRYER, temperature to 200°C / 390°F, time to 6 mins.
- When the time is done, open the air fryer. Turn back each kebab. Set to same settings as before for 6 mins. Again air fry them. Later spray / brush the kebabs with little oil. Take them out. Done!
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category