Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:15 mins CookTime:15 mins Cuisine: Indian
Recipe Card ⇓ Shop ⇓
Peanut Fritters / Palli Pakodi / Moong Phali Pakoda.. is my next recipe in my Air Fryer recipes series. These are so addictive once you start eating, so just be mindful. 🙂
These can be had just for munching purpose or as a crunchy accompaniment along with any soupy dish. Fine then have a look ad try them soon! 🙂
Table of Contents:
- Possible Alterations for the recipe, ‘Peanut Fritters / Palli Pakoda’:
- Full Video for ‘Peanut Fritters / Palli Pakoda (Air Fryer, Stove Top)’:
- Other recipes from my blog:
- Step Wise Pics Procedure for ‘Peanut Fritters / Palli Pakoda (Stove Top, Air Fryer)’:
- Prep Work:
- Stove Top Method Peanut Fritters / Pakoda:
- Air Fryer Method Peanut Fritters / Pakoda:
- Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
- Recipe Card & Print:
Possible Alterations for the recipe, ‘Peanut Fritters / Palli Pakoda’:
Adding Onion: Yes, you can add very finely chopped onions (¼ cup) while making the dough. But be very careful to add less water, as the onions release water later.
Ingredients to skip: You might easily skip any of these ingredients>> Saunf/fennel seeds, ajwain/carom seeds, curry leaves.
To add garlic: Finely chopped garlic (1 tablespoon) can be added along with other ingredients.
Full Video for ‘Peanut Fritters / Palli Pakoda (Air Fryer, Stove Top)’:
Other recipes from my blog:
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Appetiser recipes collection⇒ Starters / Snacks
Air Fryer recipes collection⇒ Air – Fryer Recipes
Related Posts with ‘PEANUTS’:
- Bhindi (Okra) Peanut Dry Curry (Air Fryer, Stove Top)
- Spinach – Peanut Chutney / Pachadi
- Peanut Butter Smoothie (No Sugar)
- Peanut Butter Energy Balls (Vegan, Instant)
- Peanut Chutney / Palli Pachadi
- Cucumber-Peanut Salad
Follow me on⇒ Facebook / Pinterest / YouTube / Instagram
- Peanuts / Palli / Verusenaga Pappu – 1 cup
- Besan / Gram Flour / Senaga Pindi – 1 cup
- Rava / Semolina – ½ cup
- Rice Flour / Biyyam Pindi – ½ cup
- Salt – as per taste
- Ghee / Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Fresh Green Chillies – 3 (chopped)
- Curry Leaves – 1 tablespoon (chopped)
- Jeera / Whole Cumin – ½ tablespoon
- Vaamu / Carom Seeds – ½ tablespoon
- Saunf / Fennel Seeds – ½ tablespoon
- Dhaniya / Coriander Seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Water – as required
- Cooking Oil – 3 cups (for deep frying)
- ” ” – 3 teaspoons (for air fryer method)
- Vaamu / Carom Seeds
- Saunf / Fennel Seeds
- Curry Leaves
Step Wise Pics Procedure for ‘Peanut Fritters / Palli Pakoda (Stove Top, Air Fryer)’:
Stove Top Method Peanut Fritters / Pakoda:
Air Fryer Method Peanut Fritters / Pakoda:
- Adjust the salt and spice as per your taste.
- While crushing the peanuts, don’t make them into tiny pieces. You need to make each into 2 or 3 pieces only.
- For stove top method: Always deep fry only in low to medium flame.
- For Air fryer method: Its optional to reverse the fritters after 10 mins, they turned out great even when I didn’t reverse fry them.
- Storage: These fritters stay good for 10 days at room temperature, when stored in an air-tight container.
- These are not suitable for refrigerating.
- The taste of these fritters is crunchy and nutty in texture.
- With right amount of spice and masala, the flavours of coarsely ground spices is the major plus point of the entire recipe.
- As peanuts are rich in protein and fibre, thus add them to the health quotient too.
Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipe Card & Print:
Peanut Fritters / Palli Pakoda (Stove Top, Air Fryer Methods)
- Wide mixing bowl (for making batter)
- Frying pan (for stove-top method)
- Air-Fryer for air-fryer method
- 1 cup Peanuts / Palli / Verusenaga Pappu
- 1 cup Besan / Gram Flour / Senaga Pindi
- ½ cup Rava / Semolina
- ½ cup Rice Flour / Biyyam Pindi
- as per taste Salt
- 1 tablespoon Ghee / Oil
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- ½ teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 3 count Fresh Green Chillies (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Curry Leaves (chopped)
- ½ tablespoon Jeera / Whole Cumin Seeds
- ½ tablespoon Vaamu / Carom Seeds
- ½ tablespoon Saunf / Fennel Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Dhaniya / Coriander Seeds
- as required Water
- 3 cups Cooking Oil (for stove top deep fry method)
- 3 teaspoons " " (for air fryer method)
- Gather all the ingredients at one place. Finely chop the green chillies, fresh ginger, curry leaves.
- Onto the chopping board take all these>> peanuts, vaamu/carom seeds, dhaniya/coriander seeds, jeera/cumin seeds, sauf/fennel seeds. Into a wide mixing bowl, add all the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Using a rolling pin, gently coarsely crush all these>> peanuts, jeera/cumin seeds, dhaniya/coriander seeds, saunf/fennelseeds and carom seeds/vaamu.
- Add the coarsely grind mix onto the mixing bowl. Pour a tablespoon of ghee/oil. Give a mix.
- Add water (½ cup to ¾ cup) little by little. Using your hands, gently mix up everything, make the thick dough as shown.
Stove Top Method Peanut Fritters / Palli Pakoda:
- Put a deep frying pan on stove top under high flame. Add 3 cups of oil, let it heat to its highest boiling point. Gently drop in small tiny balls of the dough.
- Gently keep turning now and then. Let them fry until they turn golden brown on all sides. Take them out onto a dish covered with kitchen paper towel. Repeat the same for the rest of the dough. Done.
Air Fryer Method Peanut Fritters / Palli Pakoda:
- Spray / Brush the air fryer mesh with a teaspoon of oil. Place the tiny small patties / balls of dough on the air fryer mesh.
- Close the air fryer lid, switch it ON. Set the time to 10 mins, temperature to 200°C/390°F. When timer is done, air fryer beeps. Open the lid, reverse them, spray them with more 1 teaspoon of oil. Air Fry them for 2 more mins.
- When the Air-fryer timer is done it beeps. Then open the air fryer, take them peanut fritters onto serving dish. Done!
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category