Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:2 mins CookTime:15 mins Cuisine:Indian
Peanut Salad / Palli Guggillu is a simple and easy to make, which I mostly prepare in this Indian style. With the addition of basic ingredients & Indian flavours, this salad is not far away from making addictive!
Health Benefits of Peanuts / Ground Nuts
Peanuts are good source of Omega-3, edible fiber, anti-oxidants and healthy fats. And are rich in calories too (info from internet). But if you take it in moderation anything should be fine.
For instance, when I made this salad during dinner time, I compensated the dinner just with this salad, did not eat anything else. Which sufficed my tummy very well. Just go for it then!! 🙂
This salad is suitable not just as a salad, but as a starter, snack, even as travel food or even in the kids lunch box.
Did you notice the canvas painting with abstract art….in the pic below?! That’s by my elder daughter (she is a darling!!) made out of her own imagination!! Hope you all like it!!
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Salad recipes collection here⇒ Salads & Soups
Weight Loss recipes collection⇒ Weight Loss Food / Low Carb Recipes
Starter recipes collection⇒ Starters / Snacks
- Peanut Butter Energy Balls (Vegan, Instant)
- No Sugar Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Palli Pachchadi / Peanut Chutney
- Chana-Aloo Chat / Chickpeas-Potato Salad
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- Raw Peanuts / Pallilu – 1 cup
- Water – ½ cup (to pressure cook)
- Salt – as per taste
- Red Chilli Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Curry Leaves – 6 (optional)
- Grated Carrot – ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon
- Chopped Coriander – 2 tablespoons
- Roasted Peanut Powder / Palli Podi – 1½ tablespoon (see Tips below)
- Lemon Wedges – 4
Ingredients for tempering:
- Mustard Seeds / Aavalu – ½ teaspoon
- Jeera / Cumin Seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Sesame Seeds / Nuvvulu – ½ teaspoon
- Urad dal / Seedless Black gram – ½ teaspoon (optional)
- Green Chillies – 3 (chopped)
- Cooking Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Roasted Peanut Powder / Palli Podi
Step wise pics Procedure for Peanut salad (vegan & gf) / Palli guggillu:
- To make Roasted Peanut Powder: Put a wide frying pan on stove top under medium flame, add a handful of raw peanuts, dry roast until they turn pale brown. Let them cool completely & powder them in a spice blender.
- Adding onions, garlic doesn’t suit in this recipe.
- Adjust the salt & spice as per your taste.
- To make the salad even more healthier>> just add boiled peanuts, raw veggies into a bowl, add the seasoning. Toss and serve. you can skip the ‘tempering’ section, skip the salt too.
- You can add the seasonings, and store it in fridge but top up the grated veggies just before serving.
- Peanut salad (vegan & gf) / Palli guggillu, is very simple to make but the taste is exotic.
- The crunchy, nutty peanuts combined with spices and the addition of powdered peanuts, made this simple salad a special one
- And its very much suitable for upavasam / fasting day diet.
You can Pinit here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category