Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:3 mins MakeTime:2 mins Cuisine: Indian
Avocado – Mango Milkshake, is my latest attempt on my breakfast protein drinks list. Guys, if you are looking for some rich, creamy, fruit & fibre enriched breakfast on the go, there here it is!
Being used in low quantity / moderation, this milkshake comes under low calorie / carbs diet. Hence, adding this into my collection of Weight Loss Food / Low Carb Recipes.
Health Benefits of ‘Avocado Mango Milkshake’:
Avocados very high in fibre, incredibly nutritious, rich in monosaturated fats (suitable for heart health), good source of anti-oxidant Vitamin-E, helps in reducing high cholesterol levels. Besides all these, avocados are high in natural FAT. So, taking avocados in high quantities will be helpful for weight-gain diet. (info from internet).
Mango, eliminates in indigestion and acidity, good for heart health, controls blood pressure.
To Conclude, This recipe is suitable for Vegetarian, Vegan, Plant Based, Kids Friendly, Celiac, Low Cals diet. Not much suitable for Diabetic friendly diets, because of the sweet mango in the recipe.
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Other Drink recipes here⇒ Drink / Beverage
Weight Loss / Low Calorie recipes collection⇒ Weight Loss Food / Low Carb Recipes
Breakfast recipes collection⇒ Breakfast / Tiffin
Related Posts with ‘AVOCADO, MANGO’:
- Avocado and Leafy Greens Sandwich
- Avocado & Spinach Spread (Oil Free)
- Mamidikaya Pulihora / Raw Mango Rice
- Avocado Roti / Tortilla (Whole Wheat)
- Mamidikaya Perugu Pachadi / Raw Mango Yogurt Dip
- Avocado Spinach Green Smoothie Bowl
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- Avocado – 1 (medium size)
- Yellow Mango – 2 cups (peeled & cubed)
- Sugar / Honey – 2 tablespoons
- Ice cubes – 10
- Whole Milk / Almond Milk – 2½ cups
- Fresh Basil Leaves – 2 (for garnish)
- Pumpkin Seeds – 1 tablespoon (optional)
- Pumpkin Seeds
Procedure for ‘Avocado and Mango Milkshake’:
- Wash, peel and de-seed the avocado and mango.
- Cut both avocado and mango into cubes.
- You need 1 cup of avocado pieces and 2 cups of mango pieces.
- Take all the ingredients (except lemon juice) into a blending jar.
- Blend until smooth and serve the milkshake into 2 glasses.
- Garnish each glass by topping up with pumpkin seeds and basil leaf. Done!!
- I have used semi-ripen mango, it wasn’t completely ripen.
- If the mango is sweet enough, you might even avoid adding sugar/honey too.
- Adjust the milk quantity as per the consistency you like to.
- Using frozen mango: Yes, frozen mango pieces can be used.
- Vegan options: Vegan options would be to use Coconut Milk (or) Almond Milk (or) any other plant based milk instead of Whole Milk. Did try with Almond milk and was great.
- Storage: This, Avocado – Mango Milkshake, is served only fresh, not much suitable for storage.
- This, Avocado – Mango milkshake, was utmost appealing to the eyes and even to the tummy!! Hope you would agree with me?!
- It turned out very creamy in texture, making it perfectly suitable even for toddlers.
- I just cant wait to make it again soon!!
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category