Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:5 mins MakeTime:5 mins Cuisine:English
Recipe Card ⇓ Shop ⇓
Avocado and Leafy Greens Sandwich … my new favourite sandwich recipe. 🙂 Ya, made this last week for breakfast/brunch during weekday. My husband and I were so hungry, that I couldn’t wait to make a simple meal platter too. And , I am one among the old school folks, who prefer to prepare & eat freshly made meals every single day.
Freshly baked bakery bread (store bought) and fresh veggies caught my sight. Quickly made these easy and simple sandwiches. And believe me, they were so filling and tasty, that we didn’t had any other meal until dinner. My husband just adored them. Hope you would try too.
Other sandwich recipes from my blog:
- Indian Masala Sandwich
- Grilled Eggplant (Aubergine) Cheesy Sandwich
- Vegan Mayo & Green Peas Spicy Sandwich
- Grilled Zucchini (Courgette) Vegan Sandwich
- Sweet Potato & Spring Onion Sandwich
- Chana / Chickpea Sprouts & Basil Sandwich
Health Benefits of, ‘Avocado and Leafy Greens WFPB Sandwich’:
Avocado are Nature’s butter. They are rich in protein, fibre and iron. But too much of avocado is not suitable for weight watchers.
Leafy Greens that I used here are, Water Cress, Baby Spinach, Rockets/Arugula, Kale. And are low in fat, rich in iron, fibre and essential minerals.
Salad Cucumber and Cherry Tomatoes They are 80% filled with water. And are rich in Vitamin C.
To Conclude, these sandwiches are low in fat, rich in protein, iron, fibre, and essential nutrients. And they perfectly fall under Whole Food Plant Based (WFPB) recipe category.
These are suitable for Vegan, Vegetarian, Plant Based, Whole Foods, Kids Friendly, Weight Loss, Low Carbs, Low Fat, Nut Free, diets. And can be carried for a picnic during any season.
And fits in absolutely well, for breakfast, brunch, main course, dinner, picnic lunches, kids school lunches, party platters.
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Appetiser recipes collection here⇒ Starters / Snacks
Kids School Lunch box collection⇒ Lunch Box
Smoothie recipes collection⇒ Drink / Beverage
Related Posts with ‘AVOCADO’:
- Avocado & Spinach Spread (Oil Free)
- Whole Wheat Avocado Roti / Tortilla
- Avocado & Jalapeno Smoothie / Lassi
- Green Smoothie Bowl with Avocado & Spinach
- Avocado – Mango Salsa & Tacos ( No Oil)
- South Indian Style, Avocado Chutney
- Avocado – Mango Milkshake
- Whole Meal Wheat Bread – 4 slices
- Avocado – 2 (medium size)
- Salt – as per taste
- Red Chilli Flakes – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Fresh Lemon / Lime juice – 1 tablespoon
- Red Onion / Salad Onion – 1 (large size)
- Green Salad Cucumber – 1
- Leafy Greens / Salad Greens – 2 cups (any of your choice)
- Lettuce – 1 (Ice berg / Romaine)
- Cherry Tomatoes – 10
- Fresh Lemon / Lime Juice
- Red Chilli Flakes
Step Wise Pics Procedure for ‘Avocado and Leafy Greens Whole Foods Plant Based Sandwich Recipe’:
- Adjust the salt & spice as per your taste.
- There are great chances, for the mashed avocado to turn dark. To avoid that we have added lemon juice. So, try not to skip using fresh lemon juice.
- Though I have used whole meal bread, you might use any other bread of your choice. even Bagels would suit best here.
- You can use any salad greens of your choice. I have used, Water Cress, Baby Spinahc, Rockets/Arugula.
- Storage: For storage purpose, always wrap these sandwiches in cling film.
- They stay good at room temperature upto a day when packed in an air tight container.
- And for 2 days when stored in fridge.
- Both of us, loved having these quick & simple yet nutritious meal, with the goodness of Avocado and Leafy greens.
- They were ultimately delicious and very filling too.
- The happy part is, while eating these sandwiches we had that ‘gulit free’ feeling, as they are Whole Foods Plant Based, they didn’t had any added fat.
- We had them just as it is, they were certainly delish and full-flavoured.
Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Avocado and Leafy Greens Sandwich
- 4 slices Whole Meal Wheat Bread
- 2 count Avocado (medium size)
- as per taste Salt
- 1 tablespoon Red Chilli Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 count Fresh Lemon / Lime
- 2 heaped cups Leafy Greens / Salad Greens (any of your choice)
- 1 count Green / Salad Cucumber
- 1 count Red Onion / Salad Onion (large size)
- 1 count Lettuce
- 10 count Cherry Tomatoes
- Gather all the ingredients at one place. Cut the avocados at the centre, discard the seed.
- Into a mixing bowl, scoop out the avocados from the shell. Using a fork, mash them perfectly. Add the lemon juice, garlic powder, red chilli flakes and salt (as per your taste). Mix everything gently.
- Cut the cucumber, onion into thin slices and the cherry tomatoes into halves.
- Take a tablespoon of avocado mash onto the bread slices. Spread throughout as shown.
- Now, place the lettuce on each of the slices. Over it put 2 layers of cucumber slices, onion slices , tomato halves and leafy greens. If needed, sprinkle some salt.
- Gently lift the slice with leaves and put it over the other bread slice to close. Using a bread knife, cut each sandwich diagonally into 2 triangles. Just as shown in the pic. Done!
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category