Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:2 mins MakeTime:2 mins Cuisine: English
Recipe Card ⇓ Shop ⇓
Here I’m sharing a very simple recipe and even a kid can make it, especially as there is no cooking involved. My younger daughter made this and as you can see it came out heavenly.
Its done within minutes, just dump everything in the food processor/ blender and take out to enjoy. You do not even have to cut anything!!
It’s the perfect recipe for any occasion, from home snacking to a party. It can be used multiple ways, just scroll down to know more.
Table of Contents:
- Health benefits of the recipe, ‘Avocado Spinach Oil Free Spread / Dip’:
- How to use / serve ‘Avocado & Spinach Spread (Oil free)’:
- Other recipes from my blog:
- Step wise pics Procedure for ‘Avocado & Spinach Spread (Oil free)’:
- Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
- Recipe Card & Print:
Health benefits of the recipe, ‘Avocado Spinach Oil Free Spread / Dip’:
Avocado has many health benefits such as natural fat and a high level of protein.
I didn’t want to add any oil to this recipe as avocado already has a natural buttery texture.
Added to this, avocados are very high in fibre, nutrition, Vitamin-E, lowers cholesterol.
Spinach is source of iron, vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C, folate, vitamin B2, Vitamin K. (info from internet)
To conclude, this recipe is rich in protein, iron & fibre made with raw plant foods, reduces body inflammation & environmental allergies.
How to use / serve ‘Avocado & Spinach Spread (Oil free)’:
You can use it as a spread for crackers, sandwiches, rolls, tortilla wraps, biscuits, bagels, baguettes.
And as a dip for raw veggie sticks like carrot, radish, green cucumber, in your salad bowls, buddha bowls.
Even tortilla chips, crisps, potato chips, taste great with this dip.
As shown in the pics below, I have used it as a spread for crackers topped with fresh salad tomato & green cucumber.
Other recipes from my blog:
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Salad recipes collection⇒ Salads & Soups
Smoothie recipes collection⇒ Drink / Beverage
Weight Loss recipes collection⇒ Weight Loss Food / Low Carb Recipes
Avocado recipes collections⇒ Avocado Vegan Recipes Collection
- Avocado & Spinach Green Smoothie Bowl
- Spinach & Corn Tacos with Guacamole
- Avocado & Jalapeno Smoothie / Lassi
- Avocado – half
- Baby Tender Spinach / Salad Spinach – 1½ cups
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon / as per taste
- Fresh Green Chilli / Jalapeno – 1 (medium size)
- Garlic Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Lemon Juice – 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon (optional)
- Chilli Flakes – 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Garlic Powder
Step wise pics Procedure for ‘Avocado & Spinach Spread (Oil free)’:
Cut the avocado into half at the centre & remove the seed / pit. Preserve the seed / pit.
Using a spoon, scoop the flesh out, of one half of the avocado, into the food processor / blender.
Transfer the rest of all the ingredients into the same food processor / blender.
Blend everything finely, but pause once to scrape the sides of the processor in between.
Taste the dip and add more salt & lime juice if necessary.
Transfer to a serving bowl. Done!
For example: Use it as a spread over crackers with a slice of salad tomato & green cucumber slice.
- If you are using 1 full avocado, add the double the quantity of spinach, but be aware of the quantities of salt & lime juice you add.
- Adjust the salt, spice & sourness, as per your taste.
- Storage options, If not serving right away:
- Put a slice of lime on top of dip, Cover the dip bowl with cling film or use an air-tight container, eliminate any air space, so that its locked well. Place the bowl in fridge until you serve.
- This dip / spread when stored in an air-tight container in the fridge, stayed good for 2 days.
- This, Avocado & Spinach Spread (Oil Free), is very smooth in texture and buttery in taste.
- As shown in the pics, I used this as a spread over few crackers / biscuits. My kids devoured them, and they said the crackers tasted beyond expectation.
Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipe Card & Print:
Avocado & Spinach Spread (Oil free)
- Food processor / Blender / Mixie.
- ½ of Avocado (medium size)
- 1½ cups Baby Spinach / Salad Spinach (tender leaves)
- ¼ teaspoon Salt (or as per taste)
- 1 count Fresh Green Chilli / Jalapeno (medium size)
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Chilli Flakes (optional)
- Cut the avocado into half at the centre & remove the seed / pit. Preserve the seed / pit.
- Using a spoon, scoop the flesh out, of one half of the avocado, into the food processor / blender.
- Transfer the rest of all the ingredients into the same food processor / blender.
- Blend everything finely, but pause once to scrape the sides of the processor in between.
- Taste the dip and add more salt & lime juice if necessary. Transfer to a serving bowl. Done!
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category