Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:2 mins BlendTime:2 mins Cuisine:English
I feel weekends are more strenuous than weekdays. With family at home, kids activity clubs, classes, help with homework or project, weekend special lunches, herbal baths, etc. Am sure it’s the same for many of you?!
You might have had such smoothie bowls for breakfast, but look, we had it for dinner. Can any of you relate? 🙂
Last Sunday, after a heavy family lunch we both had no appetite even for a light dinner. However, I fed my kids and sat there exhausted. Then came my elder daughter, “Amma ( Mom), you made a smoothie last week, remember? You relax. I will make it, for you and Nanna (Dad)).”
After few minutes, she dragged us to show her lovely presentation. And, to appreciate her affection and decorative skills, I took a few snaps, shutting down my lazy moods.
Hope you enjoy her handmade food and painting art 🙂
Health Benefits of ‘Avocado Spinach Green Smoothie Bowl’
Avocados are very high in fibre, nutrition, Vitamin-E, lowers cholesterol.
Spinach is source of iron, vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C, folate, vitamin B2, Vitamin K. (info from internet)
To conclude, this smoothie is rich in protein, iron & fibre made with raw plant foods, reduces body inflammation & environmental allergies.
It is absolutely suitable for WFPB (Whole foods Plant based), Vegan, Vegetarian, Plant based, Gluten free, Kids friendly, Weight Watchers, Low carbs, diets.
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see Tips mentioned at the end.
Other Smoothie recipes here⇒ Drink / Beverage
Weight Loss recipes collection⇒ Weight Loss Food / Low Carb Recipes
Breakfast Recipes here⇒ Breakfast / Tiffin
Related Posts with ‘Avocado’:
- Avocado – Mango Salsa & Tacos ( No Oil)
- Chutney with Avocado (South Indian style)
- Avocado & Mango Milkshake
- Guacamole (Plant Based, Oil Free Dip)
Follow me on⇒ Facebook / Pinterest / YouTube / Instagram
Ingredients: (2 bowls)
- Avocado – 1 (small size)
- Fresh Spinach – 2 cups (packed)
- Banana – 1 (large size)
- Fresh Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Turmeric Powder – a pinch
- Coconut Water – 2 cups
- Pumpkin Seeds – 2 tablespoons
- Sesame Seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Fresh Ginger
- Coconut Water
Procedure for ‘Avocado Spinach Green (WFPB) Smoothie Bowl’:
- Cut the avocado into half at the centre & remove the seed / pit.
- Using a spoon, scoop the flesh out.
- Place all the ingredients into a blender / mixie.
- Blend everything until smooth.
- Serve into bowls, garnish with pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds. Done!!
- You might replace coconut water with plain water, but the natural sweetness will definitely miss.
- This smoothie can be served immediately, or you can pour in air-tight containers and store in fridge. Stays good up to 2 days.
- Alternatively, you can even freeze, in ice-lolly / Popsicle moulds. Kids will surely love it!!
- As the health benefits of avocado & spinach are dominating than any others, I named it as, Avocado Spinach Green Smoothie Bowl.
- The bright green colour lures anyone easily.
- Taste is yummy even when there’s no additional sweetener.
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category