Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:10 mins MakeTime:5 mins Cuisine: Mexican
Recipe Card ⇓ Shop ⇓
Avocado – Mango Salsa & Tacos!! A major relief for me to make such easy peasy meals…!! This is my go-to weekday dinner recipes. Good thing is its oil-free and no cooking involved at all.
Have a look at these colourful, luring, pictures below and am sure with all the positives it has, you would be in a hurry to try it!! 🙂
Table of Contents:
- What is ‘Salsa’:
- Possible Alterations for the recipe, ‘Avocado and Mango Oil Free Salsa’:
- Other recipes from my blog:
- Procedure for ‘Avocado – Mango Salsa and Tacos (Oil Free)’:
- To Make Tacos with ‘Avocado Mango Salsa’:
- Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
- Recipe Card & Print:
What is ‘Salsa’:
Salsa is a variety of sauces used as condiments for tacos and other Mexican and Mexican-American foods, and as dips for tortilla chips.
They may be raw or cooked, and are generally served at room temperature.
Possible Alterations for the recipe, ‘Avocado and Mango Oil Free Salsa’:
To add oil: If you wish to add oil, you might add 3 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, which is the best suitable oil for such instant raw salads.
Adding extra protein: You might add a cup of boiled beans like chickpeas, black beans, black eyed peas, red kidney beans.
Other vegetables to add: You might check my other salsa recipe>> Fresh Peach Salsa Recipe , to know what other vegetables to add.
Other recipes from my blog:
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Salad recipes collection⇒ Salads & Soups
Appetiser recipes collection⇒ Starters / Snacks
Weight Loss recipes collection⇒ Weight Loss Food / Low Carb Recipes
- Avocado – 1
- Fresh Mango (chopped) – ½ cup
- Pomegranate Seeds – ½ cup
- Green Peas (boiled) – ½ cup
- Sweet Corn (boiled) – ½ cup
- Tomato (chopped) – ½ cup
- Onions (finely chopped) – ½ cup
- Spring Onion Greens (chopped) – 2 tablespoons
- Fresh Coriander Leaves – handful (chopped)
- Green Chillies – 3 (chopped)
- Ginger (finely chopped) – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – as per taste
- Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Black Pepper Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Roti / Tortilla / Tacos – 12
- Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder
- Green Chillies
- Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Lemon Juice
Procedure for ‘Avocado – Mango Salsa and Tacos (Oil Free)’:
- Take the avocado, cut it in the middle & remove the seed out.
- Gently scoop out the avocado flesh into a wide mixing bowl.
- Either mash it or make into tiny pieces.
- Into the same bowl, add all the chopped vegetables, mentioned under VEGETABLES section in ingredients. Give a gentle mix.
- To the same bowl, add all the ingredients under SEASONING section.
- Mix up everything gently and serve! Done!!
To Make Tacos with ‘Avocado Mango Salsa’:
- Using a tablespoon, gently put 3 tablespoons of salsa onto each of the taco. Done!
- I have not mashed the avocados instead I chopped them into fine pieces.
- If you are using frozen sweetcorn & green peas, microwave them for about 3-4 mins and then use it.
- Adjust the salt & spice as per your taste.
- You can have the salsa just as it is (or) along with corn / any crisps.
- I have made palm size mini roti with whole wheat flour / aata. You can even use taco shells or tortilla wraps for the same.
- Storage: This salsa can be stored in fridge up to 2-3 days and can be frozen for 5-7 days in an air-tight container.
- These, Avocado – Mango Salsa & Tacos, were sumptuous in taste, yet perfectly fills the tummy.
- Whenever I make these, my kids happily enjoy eating, they feel these are different from the regular Indian food that I prepare.
Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipe Card & Print:
Avocado, Mango Oil Free Salsa and Tacos
- Wide Mixing Bowl
- 1 count Avocado
- ½ cup Fresh Mango (chopped)
- ½ cup Pomegranate Seeds
- ½ cup Green Peas (boiled)
- ½ cup Sweet Corn (boiled)
- ½ cup Tomato (chopped)
- ½ cup Red Onions / Salad Onions (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Spring Onion Greens (chopped)
- 1 handful Fresh Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 3 count Green Chillies (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- as per taste Salt
- ½ teaspoon Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 12 count Roti / Tortilla / Tacos
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category