Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:10 mins MakeTime:5 mins Cuisine:Mexican
Avocado – Mango Salsa & Tacos!! A major relief for me to make such easy peasy meals…!! This is my go-to weekday dinner recipes. Good thing is its oil-free and no cooking involved at all.
Have a look at these colourful, luring, pictures below and am sure with all the positives it has, you would be in a hurry to try it!! 🙂
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
My other Salad recipes here⇒ Salads & Soups
Starter / Appetiser recipes here⇒ Starters / Snacks
- Avocado – 1
- Fresh Mango (chopped) – ½ cup
- Pomegranate Seeds – ½ cup
- Green Peas (boiled) – ½ cup
- Sweet Corn (boiled) – ½ cup
- Tomato (chopped) – ½ cup
- Onions (finely chopped) – ½ cup
- Spring Onion Greens (chopped) – 2 tablespoons
- Fresh Coriander Leaves – handful (chopped)
- Green Chillies – 3 (chopped)
- Ginger (finely chopped) – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – as per taste
- Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Black Pepper Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Roti / Tortilla / Tacos – 12
- Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder
- Green Chillies
- Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Lemon Juice
- Take the avocado, cut it in the middle & remove the seed out.
- Gently scoop out the avocado flesh into a wide mixing bowl.
- Either mash it or make into tiny pieces.
- Into the same bowl, add all the chopped vegetables, mentioned under VEGETABLES section in ingredients. Give a gentle mix.
- To the same bowl, add all the ingredients under SEASONING section.
- Mix up everything gently and serve! Done!!
- To make TACOS:
- Using a tablespoon, gently put 3 tablespoons of salsa onto each of the taco. Done!
- I have not mashed the avocados instead I chopped them into fine pieces.
- If you are using frozen sweetcorn & green peas, microwave them for about 3-4 mins and then use it.
- Adjust the salt & spice as per your taste.
- You can have the salsa just as it is (or) along with corn / any crisps.
- I have made palm size mini roti with whole wheat flour / aata. You can even use taco shells or tortilla wraps for the same.
- This salsa can be stored in fridge up to 2-3 days and can be frozen for 5-7 days in an air-tight container.
- These, Avocado – Mango Salsa & Tacos, were sumptuous in taste, yet perfectly fills the tummy.
- Whenever I make these, my kids happily enjoy eating, they feel these are different from the regular Indian food that I prepare.
You can Pinit here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category