Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:5 mins MakeTime:3 mins Cuisine:Mexican
I got these fresh peaches from the market, especially, keeping in my mind about this salsa recipe. As they had that good bright colour, I was expecting the peaches to have deep yellow colour even inside. But, to my disappointment, when I de-seeded them, they didn’t had that bright yellow colour.
On the good side, they had the right sweetness suitable for this recipe. Hence, I proceeded to make the salsa which came out as perfect as it should be.
Possible Alterations for the recipe, ‘Fresh Tomato & Peach Salsa’:
If you wish to get that juicy texture of tomatoes, you might mash them gently with a potato masher. Only then add them into the mixing bowl.
To add more spice to the salsa, you can even add 1 tablespoon of red chilli flakes to season.
Fresh Plum tomatoes might be replaced with Fresh Cherry tomatoes, Fresh Vine Tomatoes.
This is not an authentic option, but, for seasoning, try to add a ¼ spoon of Mexican spice mix (available in super markets).
How to use / serve ‘Fresh Peach Salsa’:
Salsa is generally served with tacos or tortilla chips or crisps as a dip. Same as shown in the pic below.
Its even great when used as a filling in tacos.
You can even opt this as part of any Mexican style meal / dinner.
Or else, I would love to have it just as a side, along with these nuggets :
- Chickpea Burger Patties (Air Fryer, Stove top)
- Red Kidney Beans Nuggets / Rajma Masala Vada (Air Fryer, Stove Top, Oven)
- Potato & Corn Cutlets / Tikki (Air-Fryer, Pan-Fry Method)
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Other Chutney / Dip recipes here⇒ Chutney / Pachchadi / Dip
Appetiser recipes collection⇒ Starters / Snacks
Weight Loss recipes collection⇒ Weight Loss Food / Low Carb Recipes
- Guacamole (Plant Based, Oil Free Dip)
- Avocado – Mango Salsa & Tacos ( No Oil)
- Avocado – Spinach Spread (Oil Free)
- Fresh Peaches – 2
- Fresh Plum Tomatoes – 2
- Red Onion – 1 (small size)
- Bell Pepper / Capsicum – ½ (of a large one)
- Jalapeno Pepper / Long Green Chilly – 1
- Fresh Coriander Leaves / Cilantro – ½ cup
- Fresh Lime / Lemon Juice – 1 or 2 tablespoons
- Salt – as per taste
- Jalapeno Pepper / Long Green Chilly
Procedure for ‘Fresh Peach Salsa Recipe’:
- At first, wash & clean all the veggies & fruits.
- De-seed the peaches, bell pepper and jalapeno.
- Very finely chop the chilli / jalapeno and coriander leaves / cilantro.
- Finely dice the peaches, tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion into 0.5 cm to 1 cm size.
- Method -1:
- Into a mixing bowl, add all the other ingredients, except the salt.
- Mix everything very gently, using a ladle each on one hand.
- Season with salt, mix up again. Done!
- Put the chopped onions into the mixing bowl. Add salt & lime juice.
- Give a mix, put it aside for 10 mins. For the onions to soften & release sweat.
- Now, add all the other ingredients. Give a mix and serve. Done!
- Using frozen peaches does not work here. Its better not to use.
- Always prefer to use ONLY fresh & firm vegetables, fruits for this salsa recipe.
- This recipe seems to be very easy to make, but the quantity of the ingredients does really matter. If you add more of onion pieces, the taste would be ruined.
- Adjust the salt & spice as per your taste.
- Storage: This salsa can be stored in fridge in a covered glass container for up to 2-3 days and can be frozen for 5-7 days.
- Fresh Tomato & Peach Salsa, served the purpose, as a dip for a quick weekend snack.
- My 3 kids had an out and out, fun time sharing and eating from the same bowl of salsa. They had it as a dip with plain potato crisps.
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category