Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:5 mins MakeTime:3 mins Cuisine:Mexican
I got these fresh peaches from the market, especially, keeping in my mind about this salsa recipe. As they had that good bright colour, I was expecting the peaches to have deep yellow colour even inside. But, to my disappointment, when I de-seeded them, they didn’t had that bright yellow colour.
On the good side, they had the right sweetness suitable for this recipe. Hence, I proceeded to make the salsa which came out as perfect as it should be.
Possible Alterations for the recipe, ‘Fresh Tomato & Peach Salsa’:
Using Juicy Tomatoes: If you wish to get that juicy texture of tomatoes, you might mash them gently with a potato masher. Only then add them into the mixing bowl.
To add more spice, to the salsa, you can even add 1 tablespoon of red chilli flakes to season.
Replacement for Fresh Plum tomatoes: They might be replaced with Fresh Cherry tomatoes, Fresh Vine Tomatoes.
For seasoning: This is not an authentic option, but try to add a ¼ spoon of Mexican spice mix (available in super markets).
How to use / serve ‘Fresh Peach Salsa’:
Salsa is generally served with tacos or tortilla chips or crisps as a dip. Same as shown in the pic below.
Its even great when used as a filling in tacos.
You can even opt this as part of any Mexican style meal / dinner.
Or else, I would love to have it just as a side, along with these nuggets :
- Chickpea Burger Patties (Air Fryer, Stove top)
- Red Kidney Beans Nuggets / Rajma Masala Vada (Air Fryer, Stove Top, Oven)
- Potato & Corn Cutlets / Tikki (Air-Fryer, Pan-Fry Method)
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Other Chutney / Dip recipes here⇒ Chutney / Pachchadi / Dip
Appetiser recipes collection⇒ Starters / Snacks
Weight Loss recipes collection⇒ Weight Loss Food / Low Carb Recipes
- Guacamole (Plant Based, Oil Free Dip)
- Avocado – Mango Salsa & Tacos ( No Oil)
- Avocado – Spinach Spread (Oil Free)
Follow me on⇒ Facebook / Pinterest / YouTube / Instagram
- Fresh Peaches – 2
- Fresh Plum Tomatoes – 2
- Red Onion – 1 (small size)
- Bell Pepper / Capsicum – ½ (of a large one)
- Jalapeno Pepper / Long Green Chilly – 1
- Fresh Coriander Leaves / Cilantro – ½ cup
- Fresh Lime / Lemon Juice – 1 or 2 tablespoons
- Salt – as per taste
- Jalapeno Pepper / Long Green Chilly
Procedure for ‘Fresh Peach Salsa Recipe’:
- At first, wash & clean all the veggies & fruits.
- De-seed the peaches, bell pepper and jalapeno.
- Very finely chop the chilli / jalapeno and coriander leaves / cilantro.
- Finely dice the peaches, tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion into 0.5 cm to 1 cm size.
- Method -1:
- Into a mixing bowl, add all the other ingredients, except the salt.
- Mix everything very gently, using a ladle each on one hand.
- Season with salt, mix up again. Done!
- Put the chopped onions into the mixing bowl. Add salt & lime juice.
- Give a mix, put it aside for 10 mins. For the onions to soften & release sweat.
- Now, add all the other ingredients. Give a mix and serve. Done!
- Using frozen peaches does not work here. Its better not to use.
- Always prefer to use ONLY fresh & firm vegetables, fruits for this salsa recipe.
- This recipe seems to be very easy to make, but the quantity of the ingredients does really matter. If you add more of onion pieces, the taste would be ruined.
- Adjust the salt & spice as per your taste.
- Storage: This salsa can be stored in fridge in a covered glass container for up to 2-3 days and can be frozen for 5-7 days.
- Fresh Tomato & Peach Salsa, served the purpose, as a dip for a quick weekend snack.
- My 3 kids had an out and out, fun time sharing and eating from the same bowl of salsa. They had it as a dip with plain potato crisps.
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category