Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:15 mins BlendTime:2 mins Cuisine:Indian
Hello guys & girls, Happy New Year – 2020 to everyone! 🙂 Starting my first blog post of 2020, with this energy boosting breakfast smoothie!
Papaya & Chia Seeds Smoothie / Papaya Lassi, is a sure shot smoothie on the go, for busy mornings when we don’t have at least 5 mins of time to even sit & eat.
Get the chia seeds soaked the previous night, you can keep the bowl in fridge and use it next day. Just blend up everything within 2 mins and that’s it you are ready with the quite filling Papaya & Chia Seeds Smoothie / Papaya Lassi!! 🙂
Health Benefits of ‘Papaya & Chia Seeds Smoothie / Papaya Lassi for Weight Loss’:
Papaya is best source to Lower cholesterol, helps for weight loss, boosts up immunity, low in calories, protects against arthritis, good for diabetic diet.
Chia Seeds are an excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids, fibre and protein. They also have essential nutrients and anti-oxidants. And these are absolutely compliant to Keto diet.
To conclude: This smoothie is a Vegan, Gluten free, Kids Friendly, Protein Rich, Diabetic friendly and suitable for Weight Loss Diet.
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Drink recipes collection⇒ Drink / Beverage
Salad recipes collection⇒ Salads & Soups
Weight Loss recipes collection⇒ Weight Loss Food / Low Carb Recipes
- Raw Papaya & Jaggery Halwa
- Ripe Papaya Salad (Healthy Dressing)
- Pear and Kale Whole Foods Smoothie
- Fresh Fruit Salad with Cream
- Nuts and Dates Vegan Milkshake
Ingredients: (for 2 servings)
- Papaya pieces – ½ cup
- Homemade Curd / Vegan Yogurt – 1 cup
- Chia seeds – 1 tablespoons
- Hot boiling water – ¼ cup (for soaking)
- Water – ½ cup (for blending)
- Sugar / Honey – 3 tablespoons (optional)
- Fresh Mint Leaves – 4
- Cardamom / Elacichi Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Ice cubes – 6 (optional)
- Chia seeds
- Fresh Mint Leaves
Procedure for ‘Papaya & Chia Seeds Smoothie / Papaya Lassi’:
- Firstly, take the chia seeds and hot boiling water, together into a small bowl.
- Set it aside for 15 mins, let the chia seeds soak and bulge.
- Once they are perfectly soaked and bulged in size, take a blender.
- Transfer the papaya pieces and sugar / honey (optional), blend them into smooth paste.
- Now, add the yogurt / curd, elaichi / cardamom powder, water into the same blender.
- Blend everything perfectly, along with the fruit puree.
- Serve the smoothie into glasses / bowls.
- Exclude the soaked water, and add the soaked chia seeds on top of each smoothie glass / bowl.
- Pinch the mint leaves garnish the smoothie glass / bowls.
- Drop 2 ice cubes onto each glass / bowl if interested. Done!!
- Adding sugar / honey is completely optional.
- Storage: Get the chia seeds soaked the previous night, you can keep the bowl in fridge and use it next day.
- Blend the papaya fruits pieces first and only then add other ingredients.
- This, Papaya & Chia Seeds Smoothie / Papaya Lassi, is an energy boosting smoothie, with sugar free ingredients / natural ingredients.
- Taste is very good with or without the addition of sugar.
- This smoothie is a Vegan, Gluten free, Kids friendly, Protein Rich, Diabetic friendly and suitable for Weight Loss Diet.
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category