Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:2 mins MakeTime:2 mins Cuisine:English
Whole Foods Smoothies, that is without using any milk or yogurt, be it dairy or plant based, is my any day’s targeted breakfast.
But, unfortunately due to lack of enough time in the mornings, most of the days, I skip my breakfast. No worries, instead, it would be covered with a heavy brunch, sometime between 11 AM to 12PM.
Last Saturday, here it was burning superficially as the sun was scorching. Obviously I wasn’t in a mood to stand in front of the stove.
Made this smoothie within mins, had it chilled by adding few ice cubes. Felt absolutely refreshing that kept us filled for couple of hours, before I made the weekend family meal. 🙂
Health Benefits of ‘Pear & Kale Whole Foods Plant Based Smoothie’:
Pear is considered as a super fruit, for the wide health benefits it offers. Lowers Blood pressure, High in fiber, regulates bowels, boosts immune system, lowers cholesterol levels, anti inflammatory.
Kale is mostly (80%) filled with water. It is rich in protein, iron, folate & Omega-3 fatty Acid. It provides us all these Vitamins>>> Vitamin A (good for eye), Vitamin K (good for bone building), Vitamin B (good for brain development), Vitamin C (boosts up immunity).
Avocado are Nature’s butter. They are high in protein, fiber, nutrition and Vitamin E.
Mint treats nausea, indigestion, fatigue. And is great for dental refreshment.
To conclude, this recipe is extensively suitable for all these diets>> Vegan, Vegetarian, Plant Based, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Nut Free, Diabetic Friendly, Weight Watchers, Whole Foods (WFPB) diets.
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Other Drink recipes here⇒ Drink / Beverage
Low Carb / Low Calories recipes collection⇒ Weight Loss Food / Low Carb Recipes
Collection of recipes with Leafy Greens⇒ Recipes with GREENS
- Kale & Walnut Pesto Sauce (Dairy Free)
- Spaghetti with Homemade Pesto Sauce
- Avocado – Jalapeno Smoothie / Lassi
- Avocado & Spinach Green Smoothie Bowl
Follow me on⇒ Facebook / Pinterest / YouTube / Instagram
- Ripe Pears – 2
- Avocados – 2 (small size)
- Fresh Lemon Juice – from 2 small size
- Ginger – 1 inch piece (fresh)
- Kale Leaves – ½ cup
- Fresh Mint Leaves – ¼ cup
- Water – 4 cups
- Ice cubes – 6 (optional)
- Fresh Mint Leaves
Procedure for ‘Pear and Kale Whole Foods Smoothie’:
- Take all the ingredients into a high powered blender (or) mixie.
- Blend until smooth. (might take 2-3 mins).
- Pour the smoothie into glasses, top each with 2 ice cubes.
- Serve (or) Store. Done!
- I always prefer to have bits & pieces in my smoothies, hence I didn’t blend it to perfect smooth.
- There is no need for adding any dairy / milk, so DO NOT add any as such.
- Storage: This Pear and Kale Whole Foods Smoothie, tasted the same even when I stored it in fridge for 3 days.
- Make sure to store in an air tight jar.
- A thick green layer forms on top, so just give a stir before serving.
- This smoothie is one of its kind, exceedingly healthy and so very guilt free.
- I enjoyed every sip of it and for being such an all-rounder, in taste & the benefits it humbly provides.
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category