Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:10 mins CookTime:20 mins Cuisine:Chinese
Recipe Card ⇓ Shop ⇓
Time for confession, my loyal Indian foodie inside me, doesn’t tempt me to cook anything international. Only with an exception, when my kids demand for something like this.
They even arranged the accessories for this photo below. That T-shirt is my younger daughter’s, for her Chinese choir club. 🙂
My elder daughter, is also interested in international cuisine. She did hand-modelling for these photos, and after seeing this post she was concerned about her chipped nail polish.
In this post I am giving you, Chinese Stir Fry Veg & Noodles (Air Fryer / Stove Top) both recipes. The benefits of using air-fryer is that almost zero oil is used here.
Table of Contents:
Click to Expand / Collapse
- Possible Alterations for the recipe, ‘Chinese Stir Fry Veg & Noodles (Air Fryer, Stove Top)’:
- Other recipes from my blog:
- Step wise pics Procedure for ‘Chinese Stir Fry Veg & Noodles (Air Fryer / Stove Top):
- To boil the Noodles:
- To Chop Veggies:
- Stove Top Method Vegetable Stir Fry:
- Air Fryer Method Vegetable Stir Fry:
- Noodles with Stir Fry Veggies:
- Tips & Storage:
- Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
- Recipe Card & Print:
Possible Alterations for the recipe, ‘Chinese Stir Fry Veg & Noodles (Air Fryer, Stove Top)’:
Vegetables to use: I chose brightly coloured vegetables to make it attractive for my kids. Another benefit of this is that the vegetables are almost raw (in the sense that they were almost half cooked) which is very nutritional.
To avoid carbs: If you wanted to avoid the carbs then you could always just eliminate the noodles and have the nutritional veggies; like a salad. I have tried this and it is very yummylicious !:)
Oil used: Just use any cooking oil, but Olive Oil works best for this dish.
If you do not desire for noodles, you can serve these fried veggies as a side with any rice. Just like shown in my pic above.
Oven Method: Take all the chopped veggies into an oven safe dish / tray. Gently coat everything with oil & salt. Put the tray in a pre-heated oven at 200C / 390F for 15 mins.
To conclude, this is a vegan, optionally carbs-free (if you eliminate the noodles), nutritional-enriched and partly raw.
Other recipes from my blog:
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Air-Fryer recipes collection⇒ Air – Fryer Recipes
Appetiser recipes collection⇒ Starters / Snacks
Instant Pot recipes collection⇒ Electric Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot Recipes
Daily Meal Platters collection⇒ Bhojanam / Thali / Meal Platter
- Noodles / Spaghetti – 250 gms / ½ pound
- Baby Corn (frozen/fresh) – 10
- Cherry / Plum Tomatoes – 15
- Red Onion – 1 (large size)
- Broccoli florets (frozen / fresh) – 1 cup
- Red Capsicum / Bell Pepper – 1
- Green Capsicum / Bell Pepper – 1
- Yellow Capsicum / Bell Pepper – 1
- Fresh Green Chillies – 2
- Olive Oil – 3 tablespoons
- Whole Black Pepper (crushed) – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – as per taste
- Soy sauce – 2 tablespoons / as per taste
- Dry Chilli flakes / Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic Powder / Crushed – 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Fresh Coriander Leaves – 3 twigs (optional)
- Soy sauce
- Whole Black Pepper (crushed)
- Dry Chilli flakes – 1 tablespoon
Step wise pics Procedure for ‘Chinese Stir Fry Veg & Noodles (Air Fryer / Stove Top):
To boil the Noodles:
- Put a wide sauce pan on stove-top under high flame, add ¾ level of water.
- When the water boils & forms bubbles, add little salt & 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Change the flame to lowest, gently add all of the noodles into the water, such that they are sunk completely.
- Let them cook, until the texture becomes soft. Switch the flame off.
- Immediately, strain & transfer the noodles into a separate vessel.
To Chop Veggies:
- Chop the onions, green chillies, broccoli, baby corn, capsicum length wise. Discard the core of bell peppers.
- Leave the tomatoes as it is.
Stove Top Method Vegetable Stir Fry:
Air Fryer Method Vegetable Stir Fry:
Noodles with Stir Fry Veggies:
Tips & Storage:
- Note: This recipe is Gluten free only if you can use a GLUTEN-FREE SOY SAUCE, heard that Soy Sauce which we normally use isn’t Gluten-free.
- Remember, not to overcook the veggies. They are meant to be half cooked i.e have a bit of raw texture.
- Adjust the salt and spice as per your taste.
- You could serve the stir fried veggies as a side for boiled noodles / steamed rice.
- Storage: Noodles stays fresh up to a day at room temp, but this can be a make ahead recipe, can be stored in the refrigerator and be warmed before serving.
- The, Chinese Stir Fry Veg & Noodles (Air Fryer / Stove Top), turned out as a great combo of crunch (veggies) and softness (noodles).
- There’s no need of any side, just have as it is, fills well & keeps full till next meal.
- But, my kids had it with tomato ketchup/sauce and they just ADORED everything!!
Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipe Card & Print:
Chinese Stir Fry Veg & Noodles (Air Fryer, Stove Top)
- 250 gms Noodles / Spaghetti (uncooked) (½ pound)
- 10 count Baby Corn (frozen / fresh)
- 15 count Cherry / Plum Tomatoes
- 1 count Red Onion (large size)
- 1 cup Broccoli florets (fresh / frozen)
- 1 count Red Capsicum / Bell Pepper
- 1 count Green Capsicum / Bell Pepper
- 1 count Yellow Capsicum / Bell Pepper
- 2 count Fresh Green Chillies
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Whole Black Pepper (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder / Crushed Garlic (optional)
- as per taste Salt
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce (as per taste)
- 1 tablespoon Dry Chilli Flakes / Powder
- 3 twigs Fresh Coriander leaves (optional)
To boil noodles on stove top:
- Put a wide sauce pan on stove-top under high flame, add ¾ level of water. When the water boils & forms bubbles, add little salt & 1 teaspoon of oil.Change the flame to lowest, gently add all of the noddles into the water, such that they are sunk completely.Let them cook, until the texture becomes soft. Switch the flame off. Strain & transfer the noodles into a bowl of cold water / a separate plate.
To Chop Vegetables:
- Chop the onions, green chillies, broccoli, baby corn, capsicum length wise. Discard the core of bell peppers.Leave the tomatoes as it is.
STOVE TOP METHOD VEGETABLE STIR FRY:
- Put a wok / pan on stove-top under high flame. Add a tablespoon of oil and all the chopped veggies. Keep stirring continuously, let them fry. Switch the flame off, only when they turn half crunch.
AIR FRYER METHOD VEGETABLE STIR FRY:
- Take all the vegetable pieces into the air fryer basket. Pour 1 tablespoon of oil / use oil-spray & salt(as per taste). Give everything a thorough mix.
- Set the air-fryer at 200C / 390F for 8 to 10 mins. Depends upon your desired rawness of veggies.You can serve the stir fried veggies as a side for boiled noodles/steamed rice.
NOODLES WITH STIR FRY VEGGIES:
- Put the wok/pan on stove top, under medium flame. Add the stir fried veggies, slit green chillies,dry chilli flakes, crushed black pepper and soy sauce.
- Give everything a stir, then add the cooked noodles.Using a fork & spoon, gently fold up everything with both hands.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves & serve. Done!!
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category