Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:10 mins CookTime:10 mins Cuisine:Indian
I’m here today with another stir fry recipe, that’s easy & quick to make, yet healthy & tasty to eat. 🙂 I generally, refer this recipe, as TIRANGA / TRI-COLOURED stir fry, which resembles my Indian national flag.
As I said many a times, I always prefer and believe in simple cooking. In the sense, I opt to create a tasty dish with minimal ingredients which are easily available in everyday kitchen. Keeping in mind the busy weekdays we all have.
Health Benefits of this recipe:
Cauliflower, Carrots & Green Peas, all three are low carb vegetables, which are rich in Iron, Fiber and essential nutrients.
Adding this, Cauliflower, Carrots & Peas Stir Fry, into my Low Calorie recipes collection⇒ Weight Loss Food / Low Carb Recipes
Read along till the end for how it turned out and how to serve this stir fry. Do try it & enjoy! 🙂
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Curry recipes collection here⇒ Curry / Koora / Stir Fry
Dal recipes collection⇒ Dal / Pappu / Lentil Stew
Collection of Recipes with Greens Veggies⇒ Recipes with GREENS
- Broccoli & Carrot Stir Fry
- Aloo-Matar Masala / Potato-Peas Gravy Curry
- Pudina-Carrot Rice / Mint-Carrot Rice
- Carrot-Rava Laddoo / Carrot-Semolina Sweet Balls
- Basil Pesto Peas Spaghetti
- Cauliflower – 1 small head
- Carrots – 3 (medium size)
- Green Peas – ½ cup (frozen / boiled)
- Water – ½ cup
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Green Chillies – 6
- Jeera / Whole Cumin – 1 teaspoon
- Fresh Coriander Leaves – a handful
- Salt – 1½ teaspoon / as per taste
Ingredients for Tempering:
- Cooking Oil – 3 tablespoons
- Mustard Seeds / Aavalu – ½ teaspoon
- Chana Dal / Split Yellow Lentils – ½ teaspoon
- Jeera / Whole Cumin – ½ teaspoon
- Urad Dal / Skinless Black Lentils – ½ teaspoon
- Green Chillies
- Jeera / Whole Cumin
- Fresh Coriander Leaves
Step wise pics Procedure for ‘Cauliflower, Carrots & Peas Stir fry’:
- Instead of chopping the carrot , you can even opt to grate them.
- To check if the veggies are cooked or not, take a piece and press it between your fingers or cut it with the ladle.
- Adjust the salt and spice according to your taste.
- You can replace fresh green peas with boiled chickpeas or any other beans too.
- It just takes 10 mins of your time, if you have the veggies chopped and all set.
- This stir fry can be stored in fridge for up to 2-3 days.
- The taste of this, Cauliflower Carrots & Peas Stir Fry, is very good.
- The freshness from the veggies is intact, as we didn’t fry / cook for long. That’s the motto of any stir fry in general.
- We had this stir fry as a side with whole wheat roti.
- You can even have it as it is or as a side for any rice, any bread, chapati, as a taco filling, sandwich filling or as part of a salad bowl.
Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cauliflower, Carrots & Peas Stir Fry
- 1 head Cauliflower (small)
- 3 count Carrots (medium size)
- ½ cup Green Peas (frozen / boiled)
- ½ cup Water
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 6 count Green Chillies
- 1 teaspoon Jeera / Whole Cumin
- 4 twigs Fresh Coriander Leaves
- 1½ teaspoon Salt (or as per taste)
Ingredients for Tempering:
- 3 tablespoons Cooking Oil
- ½ teaspoon Mustard Seeds / Aavalu
- ½ teaspoon Chana Dal / Split Yellow Lentils
- ½ teaspoon Jeera / Whole Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Urad Dal / Skinless Black Lentils
- Wash the cauliflower and carrots thoroughly. Peel the skin of carrots.
- Finely chop the carrots into small pieces and cauliflower into small florets.
- Put a frying pan on stove top under medium flame.
- Add all the ‘Ingredients for Tempering’ and saute them.
- Add all the cauliflower florets, carrot pieces, water, turmeric powder and salt to the pan.
- Give everything a stir and close the pan with lid. Let the veggies soften.
- Meanwhile, take the green chillies, whole cumin / jeera and fresh coriander leaves into spice blender. Make a fine paste.
- After 4-5 mins, check for the crunchiness of the veggies. If you are satisfied, then go for the seasoning. If not let the veggies cook for more time.
- Transfer all blended spice paste and green peas into the pan. Mix up everything thoroughly.
- Switch the flame off when the water evaporates completely.
- Transfer the stir fry into a serving bowl. Done!!
You can Pinit here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category