Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:10 mins CookTime:10 mins Cuisine:Indian
I’m here today with another stir fry recipe, that’s easy & quick to make, yet healthy & tasty to eat. 🙂 I generally, refer this recipe, as TIRANGA / TRI-COLOURED stir fry, which resembles my Indian national flag.
As I said many a times, I always prefer and believe in simple cooking. In the sense, I opt to create a tasty dish with minimal ingredients which are easily available in everyday kitchen. Keeping in mind the busy weekdays we all have.
Cauliflower, Carrots & Green Peas, all three are low carb vegetables, which are rich in Iron, Fiber and essential nutrients. Read along till the end for how it turned out and how to serve this stir fry. Do try it & enjoy! 🙂
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Adding this, Cauliflower, Carrots & Peas Stir Fry into my weight loss recipes collection⇒ Weight Loss Food / Low Carb Recipes
Curry recipes collection here⇒ Curry / Koora / Stir Fry
Dal recipes collection⇒ Dal / Pappu / Lentil Stew
Collection of Recipes with Greens Veggies⇒ Recipes with GREENS
- Broccoli & Carrot Stir Fry
- Aloo-Matar Masala / Potato-Peas Gravy Curry
- Pudina-Carrot Rice / Mint-Carrot Rice
- Carrot-Rava Laddoo / Carrot-Semolina Sweet Balls
- Basil Pesto Peas Spaghetti
- Cauliflower – 1 small head
- Carrots – 3 (medium size)
- Green Peas – ½ cup (frozen / boiled)
- Water – ½ cup
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Green Chillies – 6
- Jeera / Whole Cumin – 1 teaspoon
- Fresh Coriander Leaves – a handful
- Salt – 1½ teaspoon / as per taste
Ingredients for Tempering:
- Cooking Oil – 3 tablespoons
- Mustard Seeds / Aavalu – ½ teaspoon
- Chana Dal / Split Yellow Lentils – ½ teaspoon
- Jeera / Whole Cumin – ½ teaspoon
- Urad Dal / Skinless Black Lentils – ½ teaspoon
- Green Chillies
- Jeera / Whole Cumin
- Fresh Coriander Leaves
Step wise pics Procedure:
- Instead of chopping the carrot , you can even opt to grate them.
- To check if the veggies are cooked or not, take a piece and press it between your fingers or cut it with the ladle.
- Adjust the salt and spice according to your taste.
- You can replace fresh green peas with boiled chickpeas or any other beans too.
- It just takes 10 mins of your time, if you have the veggies chopped and all set.
- This stir fry can be stored in fridge for up to 2-3 days.
- The taste of this, Cauliflower Carrots & Peas Stir Fry, is very good.
- The freshness from the veggies is intact, as we didn’t fry / cook for long. That’s the motto of any stir fry in general.
- We had this stir fry as a side with whole wheat roti.
- You can even have it as it is or as a side for any rice, any bread, chapati, as a taco filling, sandwich filling or as part of a salad bowl.
Cauliflower, Carrots & Peas Stir Fry
- 1 head Cauliflower (small)
- 3 count Carrots (medium size)
- ½ cup Green Peas (frozen / boiled)
- ½ cup Water
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 6 count Green Chillies
- 1 teaspoon Jeera / Whole Cumin
- 4 twigs Fresh Coriander Leaves
- 1½ teaspoon Salt (or as per taste)
Ingredients for Tempering:
- 3 tablespoons Cooking Oil
- ½ teaspoon Mustard Seeds / Aavalu
- ½ teaspoon Chana Dal / Split Yellow Lentils
- ½ teaspoon Jeera / Whole Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Urad Dal / Skinless Black Lentils
- Wash the cauliflower and carrots thoroughly. Peel the skin of carrots.
- Finely chop the carrots into small pieces and cauliflower into small florets.
- Put a frying pan on stove top under medium flame.
- Add all the ‘Ingredients for Tempering’ and saute them.
- Add all the cauliflower florets, carrot pieces, water, turmeric powder and salt to the pan.
- Give everything a stir and close the pan with lid. Let the veggies soften.
- Meanwhile, take the green chillies, whole cumin / jeera and fresh coriander leaves into spice blender. Make a fine paste.
- After 4-5 mins, check for the crunchiness of the veggies. If you are satisfied, then go for the seasoning. If not let the veggies cook for more time.
- Transfer all blended spice paste and green peas into the pan. Mix up everything thoroughly.
- Switch the flame off when the water evaporates completely.
- Transfer the stir fry into a serving bowl. Done!!
You can Pinit here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category