Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:2 mins CookTime:5 mins Cuisine: Indian
Recipe Card ⇓ Shop ⇓
Today, I’m very much excited to post this innovative (as per me) recipe. I never made this before, but I am pretty much confident with the recipe, after tasting this mind blowing combination.
I named it as Pineapple Perugu Pachadi / Yogurt Chutney. The sweetness in pineapple & slight sourness in the yogurt, made a great pair. And most importantly its made within a jiffy!! And if you observe the recipe, there’s an unique flavour I added. Try it and see!!
My younger daughter and my son are always fans of this juicy fruit. While my elder daughter dislikes it just like me. She says her tongue gets irritated, just by having two pieces. I always felt am not using this fruit efficiently in my cooking. To fill that gap, just out of curiosity, I tried this chutney recipe, which turned out just amazing!
Health Benefits of ‘Pineapple Yogurt Chutney’:
Pineapple, More than being a tropical fruit, pineapple has bountiful of benefits. Most important of all is, it helps in boosting immunity and therefore suppress inflammation. They are naturally high in fibre but low in calories. (info from internet)
Yogurt, is rich in protein, calcium. benefits the digestive system, protects against osteoporosis. Strengthens the immune system and most importantly is rich in probiotics.
To Conclude, this recipe is mainly useful to boost the immunity and rich probiotic diet.
How to serve ‘Pineapple Yogurt Chutney’:
You can serve this chutney as a condiment for fries, nuggets, bhajis, pakoda, dosa, uthappam. One perfect combination is as side for roti, phulka, paratha, naan, any rice, pulav.
As in pic below, I served this chutney as a side for Masala Parathas. We all loved it so much that and I have a plan of making again over the weekend. 🙂
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Chutney recipes collection here⇒ Chutney / Pachchadi / Dip
Curry / Sabzi recipes collection⇒ Curry / Koora / Stir Fry
Salad recipes collection⇒ Salads recipes
Related Posts with ‘YOGURT / PERUGU’:
- Onion-Yogurt Dip / Ulli-Perugu Pachchadi
- Mamidikaya Perugu Pachadi / Raw Mango Yogurt Dip
- Perugu Vada / Dahi Vada (South Indian style)
- Amaranth Leaves Buttermilk Soup / Thotakura Majjiga Pulusu
- Yogurt & Mixed Berry Ice Lollies / Popsicles
- Pudina Raita / Mint Yogurt Dip
- Biyyam Pindi Upma / Rice Flour Savoury Porridge
Follow me on⇒ Facebook / Pinterest / YouTube / Instagram
- Fresh Pineapple pieces – 1 cup
- Fresh Yogurt / Curd – 1 cup
- Green Chillies – 3
- Mint / Pudina leaves – 10
- Coriander Leaves – 2 twigs
- Carom Seeds / Ajwain / Vaamu – ¼ teaspoon
- Salt – ¾ teaspoon / as per taste
Ingredients for Tempering:
- Cooking Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric powder / Pasupu – ¼ teaspoon
- Split Yellow Gram dal / Chana Dal / Senaga Pappu – 1 teaspoon
- Urad Dal / Split Black Gram – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds / Aavaalu – ½ teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds / Jeera – ½ teaspoon
- Dry Red Chillies – 2
- Carom Seeds / Ajwain / Vaamu
- Mint / Pudina leaves
- Coriander Leaves
Step wise pics Procedure for ‘Pineapple Perugu Pachadi / Yogurt Chutney’:
- Vegans, can use any plant based yogurt.
- I have used homemade thick curd but Greek yogurt can also be used.
- Adjust the salt and spice as per your taste.
- Onions & Garlic are not preferred in this recipe.
- After the tempering is done, put a ½ teaspoon aside, and use it for garnishing the dish.
- Storage: You can store it in the refrigerator and serve chilled.
- Stays good up to a week, when stored in fridge.
- As you can see, the texture is very creamy and holds a pineapple piece in every spoon we serve.
- The taste of this, Pineapple Perugu Pachadi / Yogurt Chutney, is simply mind blowing, it tasted sweet & sour at the same time.
- As in pic below, I served this chutney as a side for Masala Parathas.
- We all loved it so much that and I have a plan of making again over the weekend. 🙂
Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pineapple Perugu Pachadi / Yogurt Chutney
- Sauce Pan / Vessel (for stove-top method)
- 1 cup Fresh Pineapple pieces
- 1 cup Fresh Yogurt / Curd
- 3 count Green Chillies
- 10 count Mint / Pudina leaves
- 2 twigs Coriander Leaves
- ¼ teaspoon Carom Seeds / Ajwain / Vaamu
- ¾ teaspoon Salt (or as per taste)
Ingredients for Tempering:
- 2 tablespoons Cooking Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder / Pasupu
- 1 teaspoon Split Yellow Gram dal / Chana Dal / Senaga Pappu
- 1 teaspoon Urad Dal / Split Black Gram
- ½ teaspoon Mustard Seeds / Aavaalu
- ½ teaspoon Cumin Seeds / Jeera
- 2 count Dry Red Chillies
- Gather all the ingredients at one place. Beat the curd / yogurt, Slit the green chillies length wise, finely chop the mint leaves and coriander leaves.
- Put a vessel on stove top under medium flame. Add all the 'ingredients for tempering' and saute.
- Next, add the green chillies, chopped mint, chopped coriander leaves, carom seeds. Saute for a minute.Now, transfer all the pineapple pieces and salt to the pan.
- Mix thoroughly, close the lid for 3 mins and let the pineapple pieces soften. Later, switch the flame off.
- Now, add the curd / yogurt and mix up everything thoroughly. Serve or Store. Done!!
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category