Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:5 mins MixTime:5 mins Cuisine:Indian
Pineapple & Coconut salad / chat, can be made with easily available ingredients, for which you need not go shopping…. 🙂
Even before tasting, I myself was flattered with the gorgeous output of the dish, with such attractive colour combination.
“Amma (Mom), I’m hungry….” is what I hear for every couple of hours, from my kids…
Its ‘Spring break’ for their schools. And so obviously, its time for trying some new snacks…no wonder it might be the same with many of the Mums. Even keeps me busy with the task of KEEPING THEM BUSY!! 🙂
Just like me, even my elder daughter doesn’t like to eat much of pineapple except for couple of pieces. Basically, the rough texture it creates after having it, bothers me. But, this salad solved that. We had a whole cup of this salad that tasted great!! 🙂 🙂
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Adding this into my collection of, Weight Loss Food / Low Carb Recipes
My other Salad recipes collection here⇒ Salads & Soups
My Drinks / Smoothie recipes collection here⇒ Drink / Beverage
- Pineapple Perugu Pachadi / Yogurt Chutney
- Ripe Papaya Salad (Healthy Dressing)
- Weight Loss Food / Low Carb Recipes
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- Pineapple pieces – 2 cups
- Fresh Coconut – ¾ cup (grated)
- Green Chillies – 2 (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 (finely chopped)
- Pomegranate Seeds – ¼ cup (optional)
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tablespoons (finely chopped)
- Lemon Juice – 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Salt – as per taste
- Pepper / Miriyam Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Jeera / Cumin Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Chat Masala – ½ teaspoon
- Lemon Juice
- Chat Masala
- Take a wide mixing bowl / salad bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, salt, chat masala powder, cumin / jeera powder, pepper powder into the bowl and whisk them thoroughly.
- Transfer the pineapple pieces, grated coconut, chopped tomato, chopped green chillies, chopped coriander leaves and pomegranate seeds into the same bowl.
- Using a spoon / ladle on each hand, gently combine everything such that the powders are well coated on to each piece.
- Serve immediately. Done!!
- Jeera / Cumin powder can be easily made, by dry roasting a handful of them on stove top and once cooled, grind into fine powder.
- Chat Masala can be easily purchased from any Indian store. If not, just skip it.
- Adjust the salt and spice as per your taste.
- This salad can be made ahead and chilled too.
- This tropical style, Pineapple & coconut salad / chat, at first made my mouth water to look at, and tasted equally delicious.
- With the addition of other ingredients to pineapple, the sharp feel while biting the pineapple has lessened.
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category