Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:10 mins MakeTime:2 mins Cuisine:Indian
Recipe Card ⇓ Shop ⇓
Pineapple Coconut salad / Chunky Pineapple Chaat Indian Recipe, can be made with easily available ingredients, for which you need not go shopping…. 🙂
“Amma (Mom), I’m hungry….” is what I hear for every couple of hours, from my kids…
Its ‘Spring break’ for their schools. And so obviously, its time for trying some new snacks…no wonder it might be the same with many of the Mums. Even keeps me busy with the task of KEEPING THEM BUSY!! 🙂
Just like me, even my elder daughter doesn’t like to eat much of pineapple except for couple of pieces. Basically, the rough texture it creates after having it, bothers me. But, this salad has solved that!
Table of Contents:
- Possible Alterations for the recipe, ‘Easy Pineapple Tropical Salad / Pineapple Chaat (Indian style)’:
- Other recipes from my blog:
- Step Wise pics Procedure for ‘Pineapple Coconut Salad / Indian style Pineapple Chaat’:
- Prep Work:
- Prepare Salad Dressing:
- Making Pineapple Salad:
- Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
- Recipe Card & Print:
Possible Alterations for the recipe, ‘Easy Pineapple Tropical Salad / Pineapple Chaat (Indian style)’:
Using frozen / canned Pineapple: You can use but make sure to thaw them well.
More ingredients to add: Any or all of these can be added>> ¼ cup of finely chopped salad cucumber (keera), fresh strawberry wedges (½ cup), chopped red onion (¼ cup).
Replace Green chillies: Add ¼ teaspoon of Kashmiri red chilli powder, instead of fresh green chillies.
Other recipes from my blog:
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Low Calorie recipes collection⇒ Weight Loss Food / Low Carb Recipes
Salad recipes collection⇒ Salads & Soups
Smoothie recipes collection⇒ Drink / Beverage
Air Fryer recipes collection⇒ Air – Fryer Recipes
- Pineapple Rasam / Pineapple Soup
- Ripe Papaya Salad (Healthy Dressing)
- Pineapple Halwa (Kesari) with Oats
- Pineapple Perugu Pachadi / Yogurt Chutney
Follow me on⇒ Facebook / Pinterest / YouTube / Instagram
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- Fresh Pineapple pieces – 2 cups (heaped)
- Fresh Coconut – ¼ cup (grated)
- Green Chillies – 2 (finely chopped)
- Fresh Tomato – 1 (large size) (finely chopped)
- Pomegranate Arils – ¼ cup
- Fresh Coriander / Cilantro Leaves – 2 tablespoons (finely chopped)
- Lemon / Lime Juice – 3 tablespoons
- Honey / Maple Syrup – 2 teaspoons
- Black Salt – as per taste
- Ground Black Peppercorn – ¼ teaspoon
- Jeera Powder / Ground Cumin – ½ teaspoon
- Indian Chaat Masala Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Lemon / Lime Juice
- Chaat Masala Powder
Step Wise pics Procedure for ‘Pineapple Coconut Salad / Indian style Pineapple Chaat’:
Prepare Salad Dressing:
Making Pineapple Salad:
- How to make Jeera Powder / Ground Cumin: It can be easily made at home. Dry roast a handful of whole cumin seeds on stove top under low flame until they release a pleasant charred aroma. When cooled, grind into fine powder.
- Indian Chaat Masala can be easily purchased from any Indian store.
- Adjust the salt and spice as per your taste.
- Storage: This, Indian style Easy Pineapple Salad, can be made ahead and chilled too.
- It stays good for 1 days at room temperature and for 2-3 days when stored in fridge.
- Even before tasting, I was flattered with the gorgeous output of the dish, having such attractive colour combination.
- This tropical style, Pineapple & Coconut salad / Pineapple chaat, tasted excellently delicious.
- With the addition of other ingredients to the pineapple, especially Indian Chaat masala powder which has dry raw mango, the sharp tinge while biting the pineapple has lessened.
- Its kids friendly, party friendly, crowd pleasing and economical too.
Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipe Card & Print:
Pineapple Coconut Salad / Pineapple Chaat (Indian style)
- 1 Small cup (for dressing)
- 1 Wide Mixing Bowl (for preparing salad)
- 2 cups Pineapple pieces (heaped)
- ½ cup Fresh Coconut (grated)
- 2 count Fresh Green Chillies (finely chopped)
- 1 count Fresh Tomato (large size) (finely chopped)
- ½ cup Pomegranate Arils
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Coriander / Cilantro Leaves (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Lemon / Lime Juice
- 2 teaspoons Honey / Maple Syrup
- as per taste Black Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Black Peppercorn
- ½ teaspoon Jeera Powder / Ground Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Indian Chaat Masala Powder
- Gather all the ingredients at one place. Grate the fresh coconut. Finely chop the green chillies, coriander leaves. Cut the tomato, remove the seeds, finely chop. Dice the pineapple into bite size pieces. Ground the black peppercorn.
Prepare salad dressing:
- Dressing: Into a small cup, add all these>> lemon juice, honey/maple syrup, salt, chaat masala powder, ground cumin / jeera powder, ground black peppercorn. Whisk thoroughly. Into a wide salad mixing bowl, take all the remaining ingredients.
Making Pineapple Salad:
- Pour the salad dressing over the ingredients in the mixing bowl. Using a spoon / ladle in each hand, gently combine everything such that the dressing is well coated throughout.
- Transfer the salad into serving bowls. Serve immediately. Done!!
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category