Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:10 mins CookTime:20 mins Cuisine: Indian
Recipe Card ⇓ Shop ⇓
Hello readers, I’m here to share with you all, Pineapple Halwa (Kesari) with Oats, my new innovative dessert recipe, which I tried for Dasara Navratri. It’s so quick and easy to make.
You would be stunned with the outcome even though the making process is absolutely so simple and fuss free.
- It is very good for gatherings, parties and is crowd pleasing too.
- Can be served in individual cups.
- And most essentially can be made ahead and stored too. So, give a try then! 🙂
Table of Contents:
- Possible Alterations for the recipe, ‘Pineapple Halwa (Kesari) with Oats / Pineapple Sheera without using Sooji’:
- Health Benefits of ‘Pineapple Halwa (Sheera) with Oats’:
- Other recipes from my blog:
- Step Wise Pics Procedure for ‘Pineapple Halwa (Kesari) with Oats’:
- Prep Work:
- Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
- Recipe Card & Print:
Possible Alterations for the recipe, ‘Pineapple Halwa (Kesari) with Oats / Pineapple Sheera without using Sooji’:
Using Frozen Pineapple pieces: Yes, you can use but do thaw them well, before using in the recipe.
To use canned Pineapple pieces: You will have to remove the liquid and use the pieces. It should work fine.
Vegan options: You will have to use plant based butter here, in the place of ghee that I have used.
Gluten free: Read somewhere that (some) oats are not gluten free. So, please check for gluten free oats rest all the ingredients are gluten free.
Replacement for Sugar: It can be replaced with any of these>> honey (or) maple syrup (or) date syrup (or) jaggery (or) gud. But the quantity will be the same.
For additional flavour: ½ teaspoon of pineapple essence could be added along with the oats and mix.
To serve as pieces: In that case, grease a tray with ghee, and pour in all the prepared halwa on to it. Set it aside for 15-20 mins to harden. Later cut into desired shape and serve as pieces.
Health Benefits of ‘Pineapple Halwa (Sheera) with Oats’:
Pineapple: Has many health benefits. It is useful for boosting immunity and to suppress the inflammation. They are high in fibre and low in calories.
Oats: They are rich in food fibre and anti oxidants. They can lower the cholesterol levels and are useful for weight loss diet.
To Conclude: Both the main ingredients, oats and pineapple, in this recipe are high in fibre but low in calories. If you can take this dessert in moderation it works great.
It is suitable for Gluten free, Vegetarian, Kids Friendly, Party friendly, Celiac, Vegan, diets.
Other recipes from my blog:
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Other Dessert recipes here⇒ Desserts / Mithayi
Appetiser recipes collection⇒ Starters / Snacks
Air Fryer recipes collection⇒ Air – Fryer Recipes
Daily Meal Platters collection⇒ Bhojanam / Thali / Meal Platter
Related Posts of ‘DESSERTS’:
- Kalakand Burfi with Homemade Chenna
- Mango Kalakand Burfi / Fudge
- Rava Kesari / Kesari Bath / Semolina Pudding (without milk)
- Mango Kalakand Dessert Parfait
- Blueberry Parfait with Fresh Cream – No Bake! No Cook!
- Fusion Dessert with Fruit Custard & Halwa/Pudding
- Oats – 1 cup
- Water – 2½ cups
- Pineapple puree – 1 cup
- Pineapple pieces – 1½ cup (tiny bite size)
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Ghee – [¼ cup + 1 tablespoon]
- Saffron / Kesar – 15 strands
- Hot water – ¼ cup
- Cashew Nuts – 5
- Almonds – 5
- Pistachio – 5
- Raisins / Kishmish – 10
- Pineapple pieces
Step Wise Pics Procedure for ‘Pineapple Halwa (Kesari) with Oats’:
- Chop the nuts which you have chosen to use. Set aside.
- Put the saffron strands into the hot water cup and let it soak to release the colour.
- Take the oats into a blending jar / spice blender, make them into fine powder.
- Making Pineapple puree: Take same quantity of chopped pineapple pieces into a blender until pureed.
- Adjust the sugar as per your taste.
- It’s fine if the oats is grinded coarsely too.
- After adding the oats powder be very careful, keep stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
- Storage: This dessert can be stored in fridge for up to 10 days. Just re-heat before serving.
- At room temperature it stays good for 3 days.
- This, Pineapple Halwa (Kesari) with Oats, is totally a blast in the mouth.
- Its packed with flavour from ghee and pineapple, jelly like softness from oats and the tiny bits of pineapple in every spoonful.
- And the serving in individual cups makes it easier for any gathering or parties.
Ingredients, Accessories on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipe Card & Print:
Pineapple Halwa (Kesari) with Oats
- Sauce Pan / Vessel (suitable for stove-top)
- Spice blender / Mixie
- 1 cup Oats
- 2½ cups Water
- 1 cup Pineapple puree
- 1½ cups Pineapple pieces (tiny bite size)
- 2 cups Sugar
- ¼ cup Ghee [+1 tablespoon]
- 15 strands Saffron / Kesar
- ¼ cup Hot water
- 5 count Cashew Nuts
- 5 count Almonds
- 5 count Pistachio
- 10 count Raisins / Kishmish
- Chop the nuts which you have chosen to use. Set aside.Put the saffron strands into the hot water cup and let it soak to release the colour.Take the oats into a blending jar / spice blender, make them into fine powder.
- Put a thick bottom pan / vessel under medium flame on stove top. Add a tablespoon of ghee. And all the dry fruits, nuts. Fry them until golden brown, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Now put the pan back onto medium flame. Add the water, pineapple puree, pineapple bits and sugar.Give a mix, let the sugar melt and water boil.
- Now into the same vessel, add all of the powdered oats, elaichi / cardamom powder and pour in the saffron strands along with the soaked water.Slowly and gently mix up everything.Keep stirring to avoid lumps.
- Slowly, keep stirring continuously on medium flame, until it thickens and leaves the sides of the vessel. Then add all the ghee and dry fruits, nuts.
- Switch the flame off and serve. Done!!
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category