Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
Prep Time:2 mins Cooking Time:10-12 mins Cuisine: English
I know, tomato soup is the most common of all the soups which is most preferred. I made tomato soup many a times. So, I wanted to try the same with a twist by adding carrots too, as my three kids love eating carrots. Moreover, makes it more nutritious and filling.
And it was perfect for this rainy and chilling weather these days. My kids and husband had their eyes up with cheer,when they had their first spoonful…:-) Happy me!!
Even you can try and please your dear ones!!
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips which I mentioned at the end.
You can see my other Soup recipes here⇒ Salads & Soups
- Tomatoes – 4
- Carrots – 4
- Onions – 2
- Pepper Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder / Jeera powder – 2 teaspoons
- Chopped Coriander – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – as required
- Water – 1½ cups
- Cumin Powder / Jeera powder
- Firstly, wash the tomatoes, carrots and onions..
- Cut them into big chunks, as shown in the pic.
- Take them into a blender / processor / mixie and grind into a puree by adding half a cup of water.
- Transfer this puree into a thick bottomed vessel .
- Then, add one cup of water.
- Put the vessel on stove top under medium flame.
- Let it boil,boil and boil.
- This might take around 10 to 12 mins.
- Boil it until it thickens, look at the pic below. The content thickened from that of the first pic.
- At the above stage, add the salt,cumin powder and pepper powder.
- Mix up everything and then switch off the flame.
- Then, garnish the soup with chopped coriander. Done!
- Continuous Stirring is not needed while the veggie puree is getting boiled.
- I did not add any corn flour to this soup for thickening , but you can if you wish to.
- You can garnish the soup with dried herbs, fresh herbs,garlic powder,chili flakes. etc. I added chilly flakes.
- Serve the soup hot with croutons or bread or chips or papad too..
- Yes, you can reheat the soup unlike the store bought soup in a cup sachets.That’s a good news right!!
- It tasted the same even after 2 days of storing.
- Above measurements were enough for 5 servings.
- When I tasted this soup it’s exactly the same , that I had at a restaurant, sometime back.
- It completely filled up our tummies, as we had loads of toasted bread along with it.
- The colour of the soup is so bright, taken from the tomatoes and carrots.
You can Pinit here for later use:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category