Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:2 mins MakeTime:2 mins Cuisine:Indian
Avocado – Jalapeno Smoothie / Lassi! Yes, my try with this kind of smoothie, with the ‘most healthy’ Avocado along with a tinge of spice from Jalapeno. When ever I see an avocado at home, the most common & general thought I get is, to make, Guacamole (Plant Based, Oil Free Dip).
But, in variation, I tried this spiced & chilled smoothie, that’s suitable not just for breakfast but can be had for any meal. So check on its benefits & making process.
Avocados are very high in fiber, incredibly nutritious, rich in mono saturated fats (suitable for heart health), good source of anti-oxidant Vitamin-E, helps in reducing high cholesterol levels. In general, spicy food are good for weight loss and so does Jalapenos. They are rich in Vitamin-C too, Curds / Yogurt are rich in protein & calcium. Helps to improve digestion & strengthens immune system. (info from internet).
With all these benefits this smoothie offers, I decided to make & have it frequently.
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Other Drink recipes here⇒ Drink / Beverage
Weight loss recipes collection⇒ Weight Loss Food / Low Carb Recipes
- Masala Lassi / Indian Spiced Buttermilk
- Mango & Avocado Salsa & Tacos ( No Oil)
- Avocado & Spinach Green Smoothie Bowl
- Mango & Avocado Milkshake
- Fresh Avocado – ½
- Jalapeno – 1 small size
- Plain Curd / Plant Based Yogurt – 1 cup
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon / as per taste
- Water – 1½ cups
- Fresh Mint Leaves – 4
- Ice cubes – 4
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Sugar / Honey – 1 tablespoon (optional)
- Fresh Mint Leaves
Procedure for ‘Avocado – jalapeno smoothie / lassi’:
- Cut the avocado into half. Remove the seed & discard it.
- Scoop the avocado flesh from one half, take it into a blender.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients (except lemon juice & ice cubes) into the blender.
- Blend everything smoothly into your desired consistency.
- Transfer into serving glass.
- Top it up with lemon juice and ice cubes.Done!
- Any plant based milk can be used for vegan version of this smoothie.
- You can add water as per your desired consistency.
- Adjust the salt & spice as per your taste.
- Yes, this can be stored up to a day, but I would prefer only freshly made avocado smoothie.
- This smoothie, tasted a bit spicy & salty. It balanced the ‘not so tasty’ avocado.
- Its refreshing to have such chilled drink during hot weather. You can avoid adding the ice-cubes, during cold season.
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category