Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:2 mins MixingTime:2 mins Cuisine:Indian
Ripe Papaya Salad, this is what I made yes’day night for our dinner. As I said earlier, our weekend dinners are generally allocated for soup or salad. And that’s the time I keep trying something new. I make salads, only with the veggies and fruits that I have in my fridge, rather than accumulating the ingredients to make something.
After making this salad and devouring it, I found these eye lifting health benefits of papaya. Lowers cholesterol, helps for weight loss, boosts up immunity, low in calories, protects against arthritis, good for diabetic diet. (info from internet)
On the other hand, flax seeds are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and highly recommended for lowering the cholesterol levels.
It hardly took 10 mins from start to end to make this colourful bowl, out of which 8 mins is for peeling and cutting the veggies and 2 mins for mixing. And at last, just 5 mins to empty the bowl… 🙂
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips which I mentioned at the end.
My other Salad recipes here⇒ Salads & Soups
- Diced Papaya – 1 cup (seeds removed)
- Diced Tomato – 1 cup
- Diced Green Cucumber – 1 cup
- Chopped Mint Leaves – 1 tablespoon
- Chopped Coriander Leaves – 3 tablespoons
- Salt – as per taste
- Black Peppercorn Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Flax seed Powder – 1 to 2 teaspoons
- Lemon Juice – 1 tablespoon
- Flax seed Powder
- Take a wide mixing bowl / salad bowl.
- Add diced papaya, diced green cucumber and diced tomatoes into the bowl.
- Add the salt, sugar, pepper powder and flax seed powder as well.
- Using a spoon / ladle on each hand, gently combine everything such that the powders are well coated on to each piece.
- Now, spread the chopped mint leaves, chopped coriander leaves on the pieces.
- Pour the lemon juice throughout the bowl.
- Once again, using the spoons on both hands, very gently turn over the fruit / veg pieces over the herbs and lemon juice.
- Serve immediately. Done!!
- Flax seed powder can be easily made, by dry roasting a handful of them on stove top and once cooled, grind into fine powder.
- Adjust the salt and spice as per your taste.
- You can skip the flax seed powder in case you are short of it.
- The quantity shown in the pic, is for 2 servings.
- You can serve this even in a party / gathering, but let the guests put the seasoning by themselves, in this way the salad wouldn’t be watery by the time you serve.
- The taste of this quick salad is simply superb.
- The addition of flax seed powder can be felt right from the first bite of the salad.
You can Pinit here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category