Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:10 mins MakeTime:2 mins Cuisine: Indian
Summer or Winter, whatever might be the season, there are few such recipes, which are preferred just for the sake of the amazing benefits they shower upon us. One of such recipes are those, made using SPROUTS.
I have explained, in a separate post, in detail, about how to make sprouts at home without using any gadget. Follow this link⇒ How to make Sprouts
We had, one serving of this salad and grape smoothie, for our breakfast, that was very much sufficient. I felt delighted, for the fact that my kids adored this salad so much that they heartily named it as ‘Rainbow Salad’. Even I felt the name suits greatly! 🙂
Health Benefits & Uses of ‘Mung Dal Sprouts Oil Free Salad’:
Green Moong Beans / Mung Dal, is a nutrient rich food. It is rich in protein, fibre and iron too. Helps to reduce the high cholesterol levels in blood. It detoxifies the body and improves the metabolism of immune system. Increased digestion, aid in weight loss, helps to prevent diabetes. (info from internet)
Sprouts are highly rich in protein, iron, fibre, anti-oxidants, folic. And are suitable for any & every season.
And the best thing about this salad is, it’s just mix, make & eat. No cooking is involved. Next best thing, it can be served part of any meal in a day, might be breakfast, snack, lunch, supper, as a starter in any gathering, kids lunch box, as a travel food.
To conclude, this salad recipe comes under Whole Foods, Plant Based, Oil Free, Vegetarian, Vegan, Weight Loss, Weight Watchers, Gluten Free, Diabetic Friendly, Kids friendly diets.
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Other Salad recipes here⇒ Salad Recipes
Smoothie recipes collection⇒ Drink / Beverage
Weight Loss Diet recipes collection⇒ Weight Loss Food / Low Carb Recipes
- Green Moong Beans (Sprouts) Pulao (Instant Pot / Stove top)
- Mung Dal Nuggets / Pesarapappu Vada (Air-Fryer, Deep-Fry)
- Peanut Salad (Vegan & GF) / Palli Guggillu
- Black-eyed Beans Salad / Alasanda Guggillu
- Radish-Lentil Salad / Kosambari
- Chickpea Sprouts & Mango Salad
- Green Mung Sprouts / Pesala Molakalu – 2 cups (uncooked)
- Salad Tomatoes – 2
- Bell Pepper / Capsicum – 1 (any colour)
- Spring Onions / Salad Onions – 2
- Green Cucumber – palm size
- Red Onion – 1 (medium size)
- Fresh Coriander Leaves – ¼ cup
- Carrot – 1 (big size)
- Himalayan Pink Salt – as per taste
- Sugar / Maple Syrup – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon Juice – 2 tablespoon
- Green Chillies – 2 (medium size)
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Lemon Juice
- Green Chillies
Step wise pics Procedure for ‘Green Mung Sprouts Rainbow Salad’:
- Get the sprouts ready to make the salad. Follow my recipe, to grow Sprouts at home without any gadget⇒ How to make Sprouts
- Wash all the vegetables. Grate the carrot.
- Peel the onion. Finely chop all the vegetables including the green chillies, ginger & coriander leaves.
- You can use either fresh lemon juice or from concentrate.
- Adjust the salt & spice as per your taste.
- Instead of Mortar-Pestle, you can grind in a blender / mixer.
- Storage: Sprouts can be stored in fridge, in an air-tight container for up to 3 days. Later they start to become soggy & smell bad.
- You can add the seasonings, and store the sprouts in fridge but top up the veggies just before serving.
- Green Mung Sprouts Rainbow Salad, is such a delight to the eyes & to the tummy too.
- Undoubtedly, we shall feel the best, and we get that ‘health in a bowl’ kind of happiness while having this green gold. 🙂
Ingredients on ‘AMAZON’ to ‘SHOP’:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category