Recipe Cooked, Photographed and Written by Praveena
PrepTime:10 mins BlendTime:5 mins Cuisine: Indian
This smoothie is made purely of dry fruits and is rich with protein. The best thing about this, is that its an instant recipe that takes just 15 mins to make.
Last week, during my children’s exam season, I found myself making this drink regularly as an instant energy boost for them.
This recipe is fairly high in calories though, so if you are on a diet or something else you can try one of my other low calorie Smoothie recipes here>> Drink / Beverage
Health Benefits of ‘Vegan Smoothie with Dates & Nuts’:
Dates: These have natural sugars. They are high in Iron Content. And so refined sugar can be avoided when these are used in a recipe.
Nuts: Have high protein, iron and fat in them. They are rich in calories too. Hence, they provide instant energy.
Coconut Milk: Is Lactose free. It has high anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties.
To Conclude: This drink recipe, is suitable for Vegan, Plant Based, Gluten Free, Kids Friendly, Weight Gain diets.
Before starting to cook, don’t forget to see the Tips mentioned at the end.
Drink recipes collection⇒ Drink / Beverage
Appetiser recipes collection⇒ Starters / Snacks
- Dry Apricot Energy Balls (Vitamin C rich)
- Dry Fruit Fudge Energy Bites
- Watermelon Rind Energy Balls (No added Sugar)
- Carrot Coconut Ladoo / Sweet Treats
Follow me on⇒ Facebook / Pinterest / YouTube / Instagram
- Coconut Milk – 2 cups
- Water – 1 cup
- Hot Water – 1 cup
- Dates – 10 (de-seeded)
- Almonds – 2 tablespoons
- Cashew Nuts – 2 tablespoons
- Walnuts – 2 tablespoons
- Pistachios – 2 tablespoons
- Hazelnuts – 2 tablespoons
- Raisins / Kishmish – 2 tablespoons
- Rose Petals (dried) – 1 tablespoon
- Ground Cinnamon / Dalchini Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Ice Cubes – 4
- Rose petals (dried)
- Coconut Milk / Vegan Milk
- Ground Cinnamon / Dalchini Powder
Step wise pics Procedure for ‘Nuts and Dates Vegan Milkshake Recipe’:
- You can just add any nuts of your choice. But see that at least 2 types of nuts are added.
- Adjust the sweetness as per your taste.
- In case you prefer more sweetness, add more dates (or) add maple syrup (1 tablespoon).
- Other vegan milk that suits for this recipe are Almond Milk, Cashew Milk (or) Oat Milk.
- Dried Dates can also be used. But you need to soak them in hot water (1 cup) for an hour.
- Storage: You can make this recipe, store it in fridge for up to 2 days.
- In case it thickens add some water and mix before serving.
- The, Nuts and Dates Vegan milkshake turned amazingly tastier.
- My kids really liked it for its nutty flavour and even in the milk.
You can Pin it here for later, Pinterest link:
Do leave a comment or hit the like or follow button, just in case you like my recipe!
You can explore my other recipes by clicking the Recipe Category